***Heart Shot Heroes - Team #3 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 16, 2015.

1. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys and gals here he is! Got here yesterday around noon time. Went out for the afternoon and saw a small 7 pointer. Went in to a spot this morning where I have sat in the past. At 6:20 I looked to my right after hearing a twig snap and here he comes, right on a string to 16 yards. It all happened so fast I had to make a split second decision to shoot or not, and I couldn't be happier that I did! He is my second biggest with a bow! He ran about 100 yards and piled up, running dead on his feet the whole time. I will post him to the score card tomorrow when we get in from the morning hunt!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking buck!! Congrats

3. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Eric! Great looking buck!! Looks like you were on a vengeance from last years hunt! Atta boy! Congrats again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    No deer today for me guys. It was extremely warm here. 83 as a height.

5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck, good luck everyone else. Our season ends Saturday. I got 2-3 more sits. We have late season in December. That's always weather pending for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

6. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Huntmaine.! He's a beauty.
    Sorry for taking so long to get mine up but I'm waiting til I get home to give you all the story.
    Pics and story coming soon.

7. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, if I calculated it right, with Eric's buck (guesstimated around 130) and Double's buck (his guess around 110) that would put us at second place. Obviously this is without all the other teams deer entry's, but needless to say, we've got a chance still!
    Way to go fellers!

8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to those who scored!!!!! Awesome job guys!!

here's my post from the live from the stand thread.....to tired and lazy to retype it here!!!

Morning everyone!
    I finally made it back from Illinois yesterday morning around 9 AM.
    Huge thanks to Tony for keeping you all updated on my hunt! As I'm sure you read it was a very very very uneventful hunt. The first four days like you all know were high 60s to low 70s. Not ideal hunting conditions at all. Other groups with the outfitter that I go to, we're still successful and still saw mature bucks on their feet, but not in the usual numbers. Four hunters were able to successfully harvest four pope and young bucks last week in camp. The farm I was hunting unfortunately saw a little movement. Five full days on the stand, I did not see one shooter buck over 120 inches...... Extremely disappointed to say the least. Just a bad year on the farm, half the bean fields were not planted due to flooding, and I could tell from deer sign that It was going to be a rough hunt.

I still have this week off, and a huge honey do list that I'm going to try to take care of today! Hoping to be back in the woods tomorrow and for the next three days. Thanks again Tony, I appreciate it brother!!

Calling for rain tomorrow so im gonna push a few things back on my honey do list, and go hang a stand now and try to get out for a hour or two in the morning....if it's brown its down from here on out!!!!!

9. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to keep some updates here from the Live From the Stand thread. So sorry your had a bad hunt. Although it is part of the game, it's not fun when you see others being successful on trips. Best of luck getting out this week!

I went through and added what I could with the score card. With the two bucks we have I think we'll be around 6th. Still have time though. I surely am trying! The advantage we have is so many does. Just got to get the buck scores!

10. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations to the guys that were able to get it done this weekend!

I had a lot of opportunities the last few days but nothing I wanted to put my tag on. I had an encounter with this buck while I was on my way coming out of the woods. He didn't bust me so Im hoping to cross paths with him again :evilgrin:

IMAG1058.jpg
    IMAG1055.jpg

11. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Dummy me didn't realize if I took a Fergie buck first then it would be considered my buck... OH well! I'll be out with the bow again and hopefully to add another 50 to the team!

12. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys.

Here is my buck shot November 6th @ 4:45 pm.
    This hunt was one to remember.. It was an all day sit in one of my favorite trees. The morning started off with a buck walking under me an hour before shooting light. Deer seemed to be moving, saw 4-5 doe early and had a young 8 pointer at 15 yards. At 1:00 I put the rattling antlers together and had 2 bucks respond.! One was a 150+ inch stud, and the other a nice (but young) 8 pointer, as my luck would have it the young 8 pointer read the script perfectly and walked inside 20 yards of my tree and the stud buck headed north (opposite of the young buck). 45 minutes had passed and I noticed the stud buck working his way back to his bedding area and got to within 37 yards when I came to full draw he spun when behind a tree and walked straight back into the edge, not to be seen again.!
    Over the next couple hours I would see a couple more young bucks. The last hour would result in a couple doe sightings and a nice 8-pointer that I deemed to be a shooter.. he would eventually work my way after sending him a couple soft grunts and bleats; while working my way I had another shooter buck come out and posture towards my buck only to run him off straight towards my location where eventually I'd get a shot at 25 yards.! Double Lung shot.! Piled up roughly 100 yards away..
    It was obviously a great day but it topped off what turned out to be a great season.!
    Now I'm on a mission to shoot a doe (or two). Good luck to all with tags.

20151107_013340_resized.jpg
    20151107_005651_resized.jpg
    20151107_005752_resized.jpg
    20151107_013323_resized.jpg

13. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    A day like that is the reason we all enjoy bow hunting like we do. Hardly ever get action like that in gun season.

Congratulations on a great buck!

14. HuntMaine

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck doublelung!!

I rough green scored him today at 127 6/8" and updated the scorecard thread. I was hoping to shoot one a little bigger, but I am super proud of him and would shoot him again in a heart beat!
    I've seen two 8 pointers the last two mornings that were absolute studs! Had one at 30 yards and one at 10 yards and the only tag in my pocket is a doe tag!! Hoping my dad or friend can wrap their tag on one of them!!

Looking forward to seeing the other points added to our score card!

15. HuntMaine

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't find it in the rules, but do we add the abnormal points to the score too? I know P&Y and B&C deducts, but another contest I'm in they have us add the abnormal to the score. I've got another 1 1/8" to add if so..

16. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes you count all points over an inch if I remember correctly.

17. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, gross score, so count everything.

18. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, you score all points over an inch and there are no deductions.

19. HuntMaine

Dislikes Received:
    Well I wish we could enter more then two deer, because I filled my doe tag tonight! 108lbs dressed. I'll update you guys with the story tomorrow.

[​IMG]

20. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Good looking doe Eric! Comgrats