***Heart Shot Heroes - Team #3 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 16, 2015.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm on my fourth year - so getting closer, I hope, lol. It's just frustrating when him and I put in the same time and he gets something every. single. year.

But, it'll happen eventually. I still enjoy it. Getting hit with this hurricane rain today. Wind gusts up to 75MPH. It's pretty nasty out. So if it dies down - I'll be out tomorrow evening.

Good luck to your daughter, MA, if you guys get out!

Thanks to you both for the encouraging words.

2. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    getting extremely windy here... rain looming... tonight doesn't look to promising...

3. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    You're probably getting what is hitting us. Extremely windy (Many trees/wires down and power outages) and rain.

4. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. sorry for being mia most of the season. Life (hockey, work, wife/kids) has really consumed me this fall. been out a few times and seeing some deer but nothing close or shootable. Hoping to hit it the next few days. Good luck everyone.

5. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like everyone is struggling what i'm struggling with as well. I sat yesterday morning and only saw 2 deer (by chance) running through the brush about 50-60 yards away. Never did see them again.

This weather down here in NC is terrible as well. Rain is in the forecast throughout the day/night, but i'm still going to head out this afternoon. Only have a week of work and i'm going to make it count! It's warmer than have an ODD south wind for this time of year. I'm going to make a daring move and try one of my late season spots, see if I can't catch a buck trying to smell a scrape from down wind. We'll see how it goes!

6. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, Chris and Pops! The buck my husband shot last night was out chasing doe. He has part of it on his go-pro.

7. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Any pictures of the buck?

8. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    I sat tonight hoping to catch some bucks sent checking scrapes after the rain...no luck. I did get SOAKED tho. As soon as I stepped foot into the woods, it let loose, and about 10 minutes after I got set up it quit. It made for a quiet/scentless entry. But still no luck.

I'll be back at it in the morning. Not liking the warm temperatures we have now for the next few days, but Friday afternoon it'll start to cool down a little.

9. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to reply last night, but it wouldn't go through...

He's not impressed with the buck. He normally waits for an older mature deer. But with the way our season is going, the big body was enough for him. Will fill the freezer some.

uploadfromtaptalk1446118269271.jpg

And some reason my phone turns pictures, sorry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

10. Western MA Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    nothing wrong w that buck. My season would be a success if I connected with one like him in MA.

11. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    He has a small rack, I didn't measure it yet, but he'd be nice in a year or two. But he is big bodied! I'd say probably 175-200#!

Thought about going out today after work, just looked at forecast and they're calling for 25 MPH winds and then gusts up to 40. Don't think I really want to sit in my tree in that!

12. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just checking in, haven't been out for a while and next weekend is gun season so I plan to bring both into the tree and hope for a 20 yard shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck, MN - thankfully our gun season and bow season don't over lap. They just shut our bow season down too early!

JOE! I imagine you wont be on much getting ready for your trip, so good luck and enjoy it! Can't wait to add your points to our team ;)

14. Western MA Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    warm as he$% here today... almost 70... a bit windy too. I'm gonna go though.. only chance I'll have till Monday probably
    Gonna go where I sat the other night. I know there are deer there... after clocks get turned back sunday, my time will be limited in this spot and my afternoon hunts will have to be 2 of my other spots closer by.
    Taking my daughter Sat. to my buddy's hot spot. Def should be good for a doe for her... but boy, she should would like a buck!

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not making it out tonight. Sh## hit the fan at work. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday evening. Going Saturday morning for turkey. After Saturday we only have two weeks left and daylight saving time screws me out of weekdays!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  16. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL all my gear is packed!!! Took a few elevated shots today making sure all was good. I'll be posting updates in the live from the stand thread on most days. Cell service can be spotty out there though. One more day of work and I'm off for two weeks!!!!! Best of luck to everyone this weekend and the upcoming week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Joe!!

My bow is in it's case, and about to be on the road to Illinois in the next hour or two. My father heads out today with a couple friends for Randolph Co. I am flying out next Friday morning to join up with him. Needless to say I won't be in a bow stand until a week from tomorrow.

Temps are 70 degrees here today. Our rifle season starts Saturday, I could bow hunt during it IF my bow was here!!

18. Thwack1

Thwack1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to those headed out this week. work calls again so I'm sidelined till next Wed!

19. Western MA Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Joe!
    Went last pm.. very windy... didn't see anything.
    Going to take Lena (my daughter) in am, so hopefully I have a pic to share Monday! :)
    hay ride trick or treat tonight in a local town and trick or treat in our neighborhood tomorrow pm... no hunting for me other than being w/ my daughter!
    Leaving Thursday afternoon for my Western NY hunting trip... Hunting Fri-Monday. Hope to hit it perfect. full day sits.... dark to dark... hopefully it pays off on a nice mature P&Y caliber deer.

20. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    It's 45 out. Freezing. I normally never hunt in the cold. But, it was rainy and windy the past two days. I am hoping for something tonight. I'll throw on extra layers and hope to have feeling in my fingers by the time I get to shoot. I have horrible circulation in my fingers and they either turn white or purple.

I'll leave work in about an hour.

Good luck to everyone getting out this evening!