Will Trump be the GOP nominee? Yes or No

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Sep 22, 2015.

?

Where will Trump be in the general Electrion?

1. GOP Nominee

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Running as an Independent

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Not in the general election

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jeb, Rubio, Kasich, etc

I don't personally like any of those choices but they all could beat Hillary. Hillary isn't a strong candidate for the DNC. But Trump would split the R vote. Many...many Republicans would not vote for Trump not matter what, but would vote for the other candidates, even if they were not their favorite.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree with you, no disrespect..........

In my opinion elections are won based on who can pull more votes from the middle. The left will always vote for the left, and the right will always vote for the right. Whoever has greater influence over the middle, seems to win the election every time. I don't see strong conservatives voting for Hillary over Trump if he gets that nomination.

I feel that Trump relates to those that are sick of establishment politicians, which includes people on both sides. The little policy we know about from him at this point seems to outline that he's a moderate conservative as well. If he can win the nomination for the right, I really think he is best positioned to beat Hillary. If he gets that nomination, he will make her look silly and will drag her into deep water in a debate for all to see.

If he doesn't get the nomination though, and runs as an independent........then yes he will split the vote and the left wins.

In my opinion, Jeb and Rubio will get roasted by Hillary in a debate. I don't know enough about Kasich at this point but hope he's a strong enough speaker to influence those that don't understand/care about policy and simply follow who they think is the strongest leader.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I keep telling you that Hillary won't be around come election time.

Only way she could be there is if she gets here lobotomy performed in time to recover her memory!

No one on the trail has earned my vote...

I think Trump is just taking up space.. he sure has no plan on what to do if he did get the nomination.

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Your first point does not bear out when compared to numbers. If as many registered Rs had voted for Romney as did for McCain, we would be nearing the end of the first term of President Romney. Conservatives are so disillusioned with the GOP they are sitting at home instead of voting.

Truly "undecided" voters compose a small minority of actual registered voters. The Republican Party doesn't really need to appeal to "the middle." They need to unite with and motivate their base. The Republican Party is split on core issues GOP vs. Conservatives...The Dems are pretty much lock step with their main policy platforms.

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What fantasy land do you live in? Why do you think every president drifts to the middle once elected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trump - Clinton debate would be ratings heaven. I would watch.

Not sure what would entertain me more Clinton as the first lady or Trump as President.

As a country we have slipped and need a big correction to turn us around and I will vote for Trump to do it.

7. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This comment didn't seem to make sense to me so I looked it up.

Obama - 69,498,516
    McCain -59,948,323

Obama - 65,915,796
    Romney - 60,933,500

So you are saying there was approx. 6 million more registered R's that voted for McCain than did Romney? Not criticizing your comment, more my curiosity than anything.

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately, I live in the real world where BHO changed his mind on gay marriage, implemented illegal amnesty for millions of aliens, forces conscientious objectors to provide insurance which covers abortifacients, and tried to stuff more gun control down our throats through illegal administrative ammunition restrictions...so much for turning to the middle post-election.

9. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What I don't get about people liking Trump is that I will hear people say "I don't agree with what he says, but I like him because he doesn't apologize for anything". Am I missing something? So, if I was a complete a-hole to everyone people would like me more too? Have I been living my life all wrong?

10. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I for one am tired of people saying what they think then coming out to apologize and recant or say that isnt what they meant when it clearly was. The pc America is so annoying. No one stands behind their beliefs anymore if any one group is displeased with what they said.

11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. Trying to find the link... So far found this one
    http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-06-12.html

Not exactly what I was looking for but also an interesting read on the myth of special interest voting blocks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ann Coulter, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How could anyone stop him running in the general election...you think this mans ego will let him step aside? What does the boehner decision to hang it up tell you about trumps run?