Ghost blind setups

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    sitting in the "V" of a big blowdown with the ghost blinds in front of you would be an awesome setup!!

2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think if you could just get some stakes for something like this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop
    or any camouflage cloth or burlap that you could put behind you would be better then nothing. Or you could just set up with a lot of foliage behind you.

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ghost blind has been ordered. Should be at my house hopefully a day or 2 before I get home from work and just in time to make it out for NY opener! Will try to use my Millennium tree seat for starters, and bought a small bow holder that stabbed into the ground. Hopefully it holds my bow decent. Have not got the bag yet, will make sure I like the blind before I buy the bag and a better seat for the job. Im excited, I think it will be a huge challenge and maybe frustrating at times, but fun and huge payoff when it comes together.

4. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The bag is very nice and worth the money. I have a couple junky 3 legged chairs that are pretty uncomfortable. I really need to come up with better chairs.

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I am pretty sure the bag will help a lot. Just want to hold off for now. Same with the chair. I think one of the most important parks of this would be a good chair, considering you are eye level with deer movement will be a bigger issue. So if I like it and want to get serious, I will spend the money for a very comfortable and light chair.

6. WIarrowslinger

WIarrowslinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have also been considering getting a ghost blind, I like the idea of easy portability. Cmonsta I see you ordered one. When you get it I would appreciate it if you put a little review about it. Good luck this season!

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Will do sir. Thank you, good luck to you as well!

8. vidman1951

vidman1951 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am awaiting the arrival of mine today. Purchased thru Cabela's. They have/had a deal with the Predator and two extensions for $199.

9. Wapsi13

Wapsi13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got one last year and used it quite a bit. There's only a couple things that bugged me about it--the ground you set it up on needs to be somewhat level and you have to worry about the wind wiggling it. But other than that, if you have a good place to set it up (I like to be in tall grass with saplings behind me) they are pretty neat.

10. WIarrowslinger

WIarrowslinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After debating whether to buy one or not I finally made the purchase. I am excited to try it out. I have places where trees blew down that I'm going to set up in with plenty of back cover. I think it will work good, only problem I see is the wind. I have a cheap stool to use now but thinking about picking up a double bull tripod seat. I plan on using it this weekend so I will try to post a little review.

11. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Late to the party on putting in my advice, but I bought a Ghostblind and used it last hunting season with success! Shot this 9point out of the Ghostblind opening day of archery season kevin deer1.jpg

Set the blind up in the morning, opening day.
    Yes the blind is in the picture! Very hard to find! ghost blind.jpg

Had an 8pt come by at 50yrds on the morning hunt 2 hours after setting the blind up! Hunted that night and that 9pt came in to 30 yards, never knew I was there!!

Some advice I would give on the blind would be to get the carry bag, place the blind on level ground, I use a normal camping chair with cup holders and all when I use mine chair.jpg but I like to be able to see over the blind and not just have to peer through the shooting ports on the blind so I bring a extra seat cushion so I sit higher up. I wear a face mask so my head at least blends in with the background. One concern I had was deer coming behind me or around the back, thankfully that did not happen but if you can, have some brush behind you. I let my bow sit on my lap and other gear down by my feet.

12. Robinson

Robinson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used a ghost blind for deer and turkey for two years. I don't have the carry bag however I rigged a shoulder strap to carry the blind. I would definitely recommend getting the extra panels to add height of you plan on bow hunting from behind it.

13. Note

Note Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will very likely buy one before I go out the last week in October. I will be on the ground and not too excited about pop ups, tried one in the past. So it is either Ghost Blind or makeshift ground cover.

14. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome, I can't even see the blind. for my hunting here in ND this could be a game changer