***Button Buck Bandits - Team 25***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is everyone pretty much ready for the season? I have been a bit behind this year, but used Labor Day to hang 2 stands. I hunt out of my climber quite a bit, and picked out a couple of early season spots with lots of acorns.

As far as shooting, I've been shooting as often as I can the last few weeks (again behind more than usual). I am planning to go to the PA Bowhunter's Festival next weekend and get quite a bit of 3-D practice in as well.

3 1/2 weeks left til season here...bring it on!

2. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So here in Minnesota, we are 1 1/2 weeks from opener and I've been meaning to get around to cut some "kill" paths throughout the property. Well tonight, I finally got to it. I borrowed a monster of a mower from work and did a little work!!!

IMG_5408.jpg IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5406.jpg

Lets just say that I'll be ready!! I wont get to shoot opening day on Saturday because my wife signed me up for a mud run but I will be in the stand on Sunday night!!!! Last year the land owner mowed almost all of the grass down in this area while I was in the stand and I was about to get down but waited it out. About 30 minutes after he saw me and left the deer flooded the mowed area!! Hopefully they will follow the path of least resistance and I'll be in good shape!!!!

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I had to tweak my bow because it wasn't lined up correctly on the cams. I took it in and while at it i'm having few other things done. I get it back friday morning which luckily i'm off that day to dial her in. Saturday is the opener so I hope to get out that afternoon. I don't hunt mornings pretty much until mid oct on.

4. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tuesday is are opener I will be in stand in the afternoon

5. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ready to go here. I fling a few arrows each day or two. Been on and feeling good about it for a few weeks. Last stand has been up for about a week now. Got my climber ready too. Just gonna check cams maybe day before or day of opener. Lots of ideas for next year prep already, some that were for this year but didn't happen and new ones. Brush hog and some work is one for sure. Chopper that looks awesome. I'd love to get to mess around with that even for a little while. Hopefully for next year close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Tuesday is my opener as well im all dialed in and ready to go but because of college and other obligations i wont be able to really get at it hard until mid october :(

7. CToutdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    unnamed.jpg

I thought you guys would enjoy this my girlfriend and i decided to shoot are bows before prom :nana:

8. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    nice pic

9. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice pic, CToutdoorsman. Also good luck on Tuesday to you and nhbowhunt...hoping to hear some good reports as you get your season underway.

10. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    WI starts tomorrow. I may go tomorrow afternoon but we will see. I have never done well early in the season with bucks. The properties I hunt in WI are geared more toward mid October into November movement.

11. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet pic CT. I wish I Woulda been into bows back in my school days, coulda been lots better than what I spent time doing then.
    Good luck to everyone and hope to see some early success and pics. We're getting closer here, one more week. Few cooler nights have given the right feel after the 85 degree days

12. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    got to do some goose hunting this morning my dog raider did his job well

13. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice. I saw one fly over this morning and been wanting to go again. Hopefully next year. Few more years til the field is planted again with oats and always lots come in then.

14. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out in a hour for my first hunt of the season here in Wisconsin. 262-206-8507 if you guys wants some live from the stand updates. Text me your num and name and I will save it. I use to have a app that you could create your own group and we could of used this but I don't remember what it was called.

15. nhbowhunt

Dislikes Received:
    good luck

16. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    2 does entered the field as I was leaving at quitting time. Damn I hated busting them out of there. Small piece of property.

17. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. That'll be my problem from my most promising stand too, exit will clear everything for sure. I'm just hoping since it gives the best chance it'll pay off. The wide open field is great for looks and all, but some small secluded spots would be much better

18. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I`m a little behind this year as far as being prepared, but i hunt the same spots every year so it shouldnt be a problem. I`ve been seeing a decent buck(for this area) regularly feeding in the same field. Its a tough spot to get into, they are bedding close to the field. I`ve got a plan in effect for him if hes still coming to the field by oct 1st.

19. CToutdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just confirmed im getting out opening morning :evilgrin: Hopeing for at least 50 points.

20. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear and good luck to you. Looking forward to someone starting us out