Do you do this when fletching arrows?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love to practice at long range. It really helps when moving to hunting range.

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Technically floating only lets you identify the heavy "side" of the arrow. If you want to truly spine index you need to use a spine tester and measure deflection. Still a good tip. Anything you can do to build a better arrow equals better accuracy, even minuscule. People always want to buy "accurate bows" then buy cheap arrows and build them carelessly. Even native Americans knew the importance of building good arrows compared the bow.

3. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    True, a spine index gauge is the most accurate way to measure it... But sadly I never find them cheap enough, lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Ok bro. I posted a video of my cold shot at 80 yards on the bowhunting talk section. And took a picture of my best group.

5. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what is this awesome thing you used to glue on the fletching?

6. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the cock vane is the odd colored right??? if that's correct..i was told to shoot mine with it pointed up when I bought my bow....so would I need to do the opposite of what was said in the video and put my cock vane directly opposite of the spine in my arrows?

7. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    next time i'm gonna try this, just for giggles, I've gotta get a new set for oldest boy anyway, i'll get him raw shafts and get to it

8. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Arizona ez fletch mini!! It's awesome.

9. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Cock vane up is the correct way for this video. The cock vane is the odd color.

10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is awesome Bryan. Definitely trying this on my next dozen arrows probably next summer. I normally always too my arrows to the shop if I needed a new vane etc to be put on but find it ridiculous that they would charge me like 3 bucks an arrow. I'm gonna get the Arizona EZ fletch like you and do them myself for now on.

11. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    thank you. all the great feedback has really encouraged me to post more videos of little tricks i use. I really enjoy doing everything for everything myself. self reliance is a great thing to have.

12. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    so I would want my cock vane on the opposite side of the spine (or heavy side) of my arrow being that I shoot with my cock vane straight up?

13. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    you want to set up your arrows exactly like shown in the video. I and most of the guys here shoot with the odd colored vane up.
    And im not trying to come off rude or anything. but if your new to archery. you might want to build a good foundation before starting to get into tuning your arrows or bow on your own. because you wont know what works for you if your shooting is not great to begin with. I would focus on stance, bow grip, and anchor point.
    if you have any issues with your shooting that you cant quite figure out, i would be glad to make a video to help you out.

14. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    na dude your not rude at all!! I appreciate the help I know in the video you said that the cock vane would not go on the side with the mark but I thought I read in one of the replys that the heavy end should be down meaning cock vane on opposite end of the spine...that's what I was needing clarity on. I can group my shots really well and from different elevations but I shoot (maybe too much) hundreds of times a day...I love it!! lol but I did notice that even with keeping my groupings within a few inches at 40 or less yards that one arrow would want to go a little left of all the others to the point I wrote numbers on them to see if it was the same arrow every time and it was.....this video helped me understand possibly why so I became especially interested in trying it.

15. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ooo! and I also have a whole pack of arrows that I have not touched that I do most of my practicing with and that I will use for hunting and that I keep my pins sighted with but I have 3 arrows that I was planning on trying your technique with....I know bein a novice I would hate to lose the buck of a lifetime due to me tryin to much too soon lol and that's just my luck too

16. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    over enthusiasm is not a bad thing.

17. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol thanks buddy and I didn't mention it but the video is awesome. and I appreciate the extra tips!

18. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard of this before and something a lot of the really good shooters do I think. I never taken the time myself, but now I might. Great vid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk