Honovi Hunters - Team 4

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by NebBowhunter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a folder I had on my computer with all our harvest pics and totals backed up just in case and figured I'd post here again fellas.

How's everyone been? I've texted with a few of you on and off again throughout the off-season, but how's everyone's summer prepping going?

Our first true soaking of the cams (over a month for a couple) will be checked this week sometime....so hoping for some serious velvet pics. All signs point to the biggest boys are still walking on the one property...hope to do more than just a doe this year guys.

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trying not to think to much about deer season since it seems so far away still :lol:. Went out last Tuesday to trim up a clover plot and spray some round up. Hoping this weekend to make it out to the farm to move a couple stands around, spray more round up, and check cams. As of right now I have three plots that I am trying to get prepped to planted in august. Have only had cams out for one pull so far. Had one good buck show up but I am expecting 2-3 more to show up. Did see a couple bucks last night on the way home from fishing that looked to be filling out pretty good so in a couple weeks I will probably start getting out and doing some summer scouting.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm starting over from scratch guys. Ended up with three seperate new leases totaling around 600 acres or so for this year. One is in Fulton County, and the other two are in Jo Daviess County. Both are some of the better counties in IL.

I've had several cams soaking since early April on the Fulton County property. Was down there doing plot work about 3 weeks ago and was able to check a couple of the cams but nothing good yet. I suspect the cams on the backside of the property that I wasn't able to pull are most likely to have better deer on them. Did some work and hung a couple of cams on the two Jo Daviess properties yesterday too, I'm anxious to see what's there.

For the guys that follow the BHOD webshow, the Fulton County piece is just a mile or two away from where Clinton's place is and one of Franki's farms is just one farm west of us.

One of the pieces in Jo Daviess I'm pretty excited about because on the backside there is a several hundred acre piece of no hunting preserve that is landlocked between our property and a river that can't be crossed by foot. We don't have a lot of trees to hunt on the place but the fact that it's got a landlocked sanctuary that has never been hunted like that is what makes it so appealing to me.

I'm definitely in the right places, so I'm hopeful the season plays out well for me. I'm out of town for the next two weeks but should be back on all three leases the weekend of July 11th. I'll share more then.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Just FYI....anything less than two bucks again and we'll be saddened. :) bahaha! Sounds promising bud!

5. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Summer is going well. I've moved the family a bit more North into the Poconos. We are in some temp housing while our main home is being built. New house has 15 acres. Although it is not the perfect 15 acres for hunting as it has neighbors around, I have heard that deer move through the property on a consistent basis. House will not be done till the end of Nov however, I hope to take a doe there with my oldest hunting with me.

Overall, looking forward to the season and getting to see some of the big bucks we were chasing last year...hopefully close enough to get a shot.

6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well deer prep wise I haven't gotten much accomplished. I do however have a good stand of clover from last year's plant on the perimeter of my hay fields. One good stand of clover is about to be sprayed though, for the hay...I might just miss it while spraying lol.

Hunting wise...I have a trip planned to Wisconsin in November, other than that it'll be here in Ga primarily.

7. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been spending more time on getting our cabin done than preparing for hunting but I do have a couple feeders out and starting to see a couple decent bucks. The alfalfa has been bringing in deer along with the food plot I put in this spring. This is going to be a long summer waiting to hunt.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, just wanted to get a quick vibe for who all is returning and is gonna be active yet again for the 2015 contest! Remember we do not do the sign up thread as returning winners. I'll start sending messages to guys probably end of July/mid August if we don't hear from some by then.

I'm in to win again!

9. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, I'm back again Ty. Can't wait.... Last year was a blast.

Sent from my XT830C

10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Get a new thread already....

slackers!!!

11. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled one cam yesterday. 3452 pics in 5 weeks....not too bad. Lots of the same 10-15 deer. My laptop is junk. Here are a few pics I took with my phone. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT830C

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received: