New sight installed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wingtipsdown, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took a Spott Hogg off my bow and added the Hogg It. My eyes see the pins much better, since the Hogg it allows you to extend the pins out away from the riser. Love it already. Dialed everything in out to 50 yards and only need to finish things up from here over the weekend. I have the sights almost all the way out, but like I mentioned, it stands to be a good move for my eyes.

2. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great sight. I had a Hogg-It on my Switchback a dozen years ago, and I've been a Spot Hogg guy ever since.

3. Wingtipsdown

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it has been windy here all weekend, plus I have slight vertigo. Oh well, the sight is on and my eyes see it better. I will have to wait Several days to lock in on the pins for hopefully even tighter, more consistent groups. I'll check back later.

4. Wingtipsdown

Dislikes Received:
    Almost sent 1 up the shaft from 40 yards. I can see the pins so much better now. It's my eyes, but moving the sight out helped my situation for sure. image.jpg

So far, I'm dialed in out to 40 yards. Close at 50 and close at 60 but need to wait until I have a real good day to finish the other 2 pins up.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. Wingtipsdown

Dislikes Received:
    I did find that moving the sight ring all the way out - the pins actually block out the target more. I have .019 pins and I'm sure that .010 would fix this, but I would be afraid that my eyes would go back to not seeing the pins well enough. The Hogg it is around 2 inches further out than my previous sights and I'm very glad to have made the switch. At this distance the pins are visible while not blocking out my target.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  6. sevignyjoe

sevignyjoe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I also shoot a five pin hog it on my hunting rig . love it . I am thinking about switching to hog father on my target rig but 4 bills is alittle hard to swallow . I am gonna go with the three pin on that . I read a great article a couple of yrs ago about the farther the pin is away from u the better u will shoot and it deffently works for me .