Team 4 Turkey contest

Discussion in '2015 Turkey Contest' started by anthonyzink, Mar 16, 2015.

1. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 Jakes. Lots of wind.

2. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Recap of my weekend:
    Woke up Saturday with a splitting headache, still hit the woods. Irritable bowels were active, 1 roll of TP gone. Chased big fella to his spot, had eyes on him across the dirt bowl, messed with him for about 45 min, he thinks he all women should flock to him, he loses interest and leaves.

I head back towards my blind set up, irritable bowels act up en-route, 1 par of Hanes gone. Get in blind, headache is terrible, I’m about to head home, I hear a gobble, set out decoy. Jake comes to back side of blind, I make a noise he moves back towards woods. I wait and hit gobble call, he comes back, gives me 8 yard shot, I drill him, he flips, runs off towards woods.

I give about 15 min let nerves die down, go to find him. Find arrow, very, very little blood. I follow the dew path in the grass towards where he ran off. No blood at all. 4.5 hrs, two dogs later, I still cannot find him.
    Sunday: He gobbled, I called, he did his own thing, I never saw him. Stayed out till 11am, nothing.

It has been a tough season. I’ll be out of town this weekend for mother’s day. Hopefully a weekend off will settle things down. Hope you guys have some good luck, my season ends the 17th, so I still have some time left.

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm supposed to have rain / thunderstorms all this week. I won't make it back out until next week at the earliest.

Season here ends on the 31st

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

4. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    We're in the same boat here. It has been really windy. Haven't heard a gobble in the morning for a week now. Work and weather are getting in the way of hunting.

5. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am headed out in the morning. Looking pretty good as far as weather is concerned. 62 @ 0600 and 2mph wind. No chance of rain. I only have this weekend and next to get it done!

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well boys my season closed last week. it sucked. could not get the toms to break from their hens. I heard gobbling the whole time but never saw them except when they flew into a tree 75 yrds away from me. complete bummer, never got them close.

Only chance I'd still have is if I could get a tag for up north and hunt a couple of days. but it's a million to one shot that i get the time off.

7. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Here is my hunting grounds two days ago. The water has gone down now but as bad as the whole creek bottom was flooded, I doubt that the turkeys are still there. I'm pretty sure they found new roosting spots and developed a new pattern that doesn't include my land. Maybe I'll get lucky and have some move back before the end of the month but I'm not too hopeful.

8. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    what state you hunting in? I'm dealing with flooding here in Kansas too!!!

9. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    I start my week off tomorrow morning! Hopefully I can punch this last tag I have in my pocket!!!

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nebraska. Just a few miles north of the Kansas border.

11. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Figured you was close I'm just smack dab in the middle of Kansas! More rain on the way this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Our season ended last Sunday at 1 pm. They have been doing lots of construction in the bottoms across the creek from us. I had a shot a couple of jakes a week ago but didn't take the shot.
    My wife called me this morning to let me know that a Tom was out in the foodplot in front of the house with a few hens. Just my luck................
    Sorry guys for the lack of help.

13. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I might be able to get out one more time this season but it's a big might. I'll probably be joining you in the tag soup chow line, foodplot19. :(

14. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have until Sunday, I went out this morning and it was dead silent. I think ol team 4 may be able to provide a tag soup buffet this season.

15. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My season ended in April so unless we can wait until fall Turkey I'm eating tag soup lol. Dad got his first bird this year so cant be to upset, my biggest issue was being in the right place at right time and bad weather.

16. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    It looks like I'm getting filled up on that buffet. It wasn't my plan at all. Before the season the Tom's were out in the foodplot every morning. As soon as the bottoms dried up the pipeliner's went to digging. That is when the turkey's just seemed to slowly disappear. We've seen a couple of hen's since my last post. Better luck next season.

17. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Here we are, the 19th of June, everyday since the end of season there have been at least 2 long beards and numerous other turkey's out in front of our place. I guess it is just their way of saying................................................well, you know what I mean. Hope we all have a better year next year.