Official Team 21 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by SparrowHawk, Sep 9, 2009.

1. wmdbambibuster

wmdbambibuster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that sounds like fair enough punishment. Welcome Tex!:D

2. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome TexasBowHunter! I've been out four times now for this early anterless hunt and haven't seen a thing. I have been hunting mostly near standing corn on the edge of fields. Tonight is my last night for the anterless season, I'm going to try to get a little deeper in the woods with my climber. Opening day for bow starts Oct 1st here in MI so I don't have to wait that much longer after tonight:D What do you think of the avatar?

3. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
  4. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, Work is killing me, gonna be a long week, (squeezing in 6 day schedule in 4!)
    Was at my buddies property he bought recently helping get things in order, looks really promising there. lots of good ground, nut trees, funnels, and small meadows,and food plots. Read the posts and like the name ,and really looking forward to getting to know you all better. will check in tomorrow,, what is everyone shooting this year?
    im shooting a mathews drenalin with easton axis arrows , and slick tricks, and swear by my lone wolf alpha!! talk to you tomorrow

5. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    It's 2:07am and I just got home from cleaning a Doe. I ended up going out tonight on my last anterless hunt, brought the shotgun instead of the bow and it ended up working out... Killed my first with a gun.. Crazy story, the deer actually ran into a river and got caught up on a log. I will give more details tomorrow, I'm exhausted. Feels good to get some meat in the freezer!

6. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal SH! :D Pics!

Hey I say if we don't hear from our last member by the end of today...pm Justin and see if we can get a new member. Its been a couple weeks, doubt he's gonna show - especially since he hasn't been back on since the day he registered, and that was his only post.

mcorso....I'm shooting an '08 Allegiance, 29"/65lb. Beman ICS 340's, WB rest, HHA slider sight, and 125 slick trick mags! Ready to do some damage. :D
    I bought this bow new back in Jan. I had been wanting one for a while, and when BT did away with the Ally, I had to get one before I couldn't anymore. Man I am glad I did...its really an awesome bow, and I ain't no fanboy. I hope they wise up and bring it back...so many people like the Ally, its one of the all time favorite hunting bows of any bow out there - and I can see why. Like the SB for Mathews, a great bow.

7. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

As far as what im shooting 2000 BT Mighty Mite. Easton Arrows, Magnus Stinger BH'S. I have always used Muzzys but wanted to try these so we will see cant wait to put em in a deer and see what they do.

8. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    wmd...I've shot Stingers for the past 5yrs, they are awesome! I changed to ST's this year ONLY because I have an Octane 2pc Quiver on my new bow....and the dang Stingers hang out the bottom like 3/4 of an inch!

As much as I like them, I just knew that I would end up slicing myself up at an inopportune time if I used em. ST's are one of the only heads that fit all the way up in the magnetic hood. I like the quiver, but dang what a piss poor design. Its WAY too shallow, I have no clue why they did that. They could have made the hood 3/4" longer and it would cover 99% of the BH's out there. You should be happy with the stingers, they are great heads!

9. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Thats gd to hear! Do they leave a gd blood trail? Thats part of the reason i switched from Muzzys they are an awesome head just dont leave a very gd trail. IMO.

10. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, pretty darn good. I was using the 125gr 4 bld Stingers. I think bloodtrails really depend on the actual location of the hit, and also if there is a pass through or not. I've had good trails with Muzzy's too...and Thunderheads....and Magnus 2 bld standards. Some not so good with all those too, because the shot wasn't in as good location. Make sense?

11. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    I've always had good trails with Thunderhead 125's. I do have a rage 2 blade in my quiver also;)

12. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    I've always got pass throughs mostly dbl lung or heart shots iv'e had a few bad placed shots as well but none ever made a very gd blood trail. IDK?

13. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzys are good, as are thunderheads, I saw two deer taken with slick tricks last yr,so I have to try them out, amazing damage! im heaidng to my hunting grounds friday, so ill be up there all weekend,and will post as soon as I get in, im thinking ill connect with something out there. I cant wait, cant sleep, eat, so excited!!

14. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Gd luck MC!
    My brother used Slick Tricks last year and the year before he liked them he switched to Rage this year hoping for a little better blood trail as well.;)

15. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, I'm working crazy hours right now 4pm-4am M-St, and sometimes longer on sat. Our season doesn't start til Oct.1st. I plan on going out before I go to bed. I am on vacation 4-10 of Oct. and think I have a nice buck paterned pretty good. Hopefully, I can get him on the ground or at least a big fat doe. I have to make the most of my hunting opertunities with my work schedule.:mad:

16. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    Just dropped of some venison to get 10lbs of hickory sticks made. .:p My mouth is watering!

17. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    packing up the truck and heading to deer camp, will check in sunday when I get back,, good luck!

18. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Going out in the morning only suppose to get up to 62 degrees tommorrow!:D I love Fall!!!!!!!!! Gd luck all.

19. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was all set to go out this afternoon with my son for VA's "youth hunting day". Its one day, any weapon...buck or doe.

Its POURING. I guess I can't complain....we haven't had any measurable rain in 5 weeks, we really need it. No worries...we've got plenty of time.

Good luck to those of you hunting...hopefully we'll get on the board soon! :D

20. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning pouring rain/wind:(But i did finally see some horn while on stand saw three bucks! One was a spike , one was a four pt and one was a real nice buck didnt get a real gd look at him as he was to far away but could tell i really wanted a close up view of him possible shooter:D
    Didn't make it back out tonight rain got worse yet. I'll try again next week.