XXX 2014 Champions Official Team Thread XXX

Discussion in '2015 Turkey Contest' started by Heckler, Feb 23, 2015.

1. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Linin' em up Heck... I talked to my buddy this past weekend at our local sportsman show (he's 1 of the owners of US Outdoorsmen Central) [ US Outdoorsman Central membership program, Free trips and gear ] and hopefully THIS year we'll hook up to video tape a hunt. He's an outstanding caller... and I got some Magnus Bullhead broadheads coming I bought from Finch.

I told Kelly I HAD to connect with a bird this year (because I was the only member that did not last year). He told me he'd try and help me out.

2. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys! Glad to be part of the team, hopefully I can contribute this year. My season runs April 20th through May 3rd. I have yet to harvest my first bird but have had crazy close encounters the past 3 years. Since I'm a senior (HS) this year I'll be able to hunt a lot more than past seasons considering my last day of school is April 23rd. I've been working on getting permission for a farm that is loaded with turkeys, passed by there this weekend and counted 40 out in the field, strutters included. That got me excited to say the least. If that property doesn't work out I'll still be able to hunt my primary deer land which has some pretty good birds.

And because who doesn't like turkey pics ;) Here are some of the birds I will be chasing this spring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to have you! It sounds like this is the year everything WILL come together for you this season. We are counting on it! NO PRESSURE. :evilgrin: It's easy to kill them if they want to be there so having access to good farms makes the game a lot easier.

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here! Looks like I got put on a great team. Look forward to having some fun. I have been seeing quite a few birds while shed hunting and I will probably take a little more time off work this year to hunt. Last year I got terribly lucky and killed my bow bird the first hour I hunted. I'm sure that may have jinxed me for this season. lol

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like to get it done early. It is so much easier then trying to take a late season bird! When does your season kick off Fletch?

Mkwa Hunter, when does your season begin?

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would encourage everyone to subscribe to the team thread if you haven't already done so.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our season is April 13th - May 17th. I planted a couple of plots in October last year of winter wheat, winter rye, and triticale and its just starting to come on really well. The turkeys are already starting to hammer it and I have seen flocks of gobblers in each.

8. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am SOOOOO glad to hear that - I'm looking forward to it working for me too!

11. Trevor Olson

Trevor Olson BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Fellas, sorry I haven't spent much time on the forums in some time and didn't check in. I got an email through our pro staff one from Dubbya reminding but my app on my phone wasn't working. Alissa Kay and I got engaged over Xmas and we just closed on our new home Friday. Its been crazy but we have internet again. Setting in and hope to tie a couple turkeys down for season. Going to be a busy one. I am mentoring again for our NWTF chapter's learn to hunt, hope to tag along during a youth hunt, then guiding/filming/hunting 1st through 6th seasons with various friends and hope to have another great year. We had a easy winter on our deer and turkeys. Bumped into one of my privileged property owners at the bank and he has seen more birds than ever before. Also a guy from work offered me to come check out his property. This past fall, we had more birds on my parents property than ever and several times I hunted the mornings, I slipped in under the roost and they woke up to me near their tree.

Good Luck Fellas!

12. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, I'll be making my first trip to Wisconsin to hunt turkeys this year. Both of my brothers and I are going to some private ground they hunted last year. I'm pretty pumped about it. We only get to hunt a couple days, but there are supposed to be a ton of birds there, so maybe we'll have some luck. I'll be hunting the end of the first week of May in pierce county I believe. Looking forward to seeing some new country.

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

That's Sweet! I keep telling myself I am going to tour the country and go on a turkey slaying adventure... It never happens. Maybe when the kids are a little older...

We've been busy all weekend preparing for next week. The kids first up on the xbow. We have the xbow dialed in with some turkey slaying Magnus bullheads. Should be pretty sweet watching heads fly off!

Hopefully we will tag out quickly as we really want to make sure we catch the crappie spawn this year. We stay pretty busy this time of year between sports, fishing, mushroom and turkey hunting...

14. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really ready for this wrist to heal up. I'll have my new limbs on my bow this coming week and will need to start shooting ASAP, but can't do it until I get cleared to do so from the doctor. At this point, I don't think that I could do it anyways. I just haven't shot my bow in awhile and am getting really anxious to do so. I'm getting tired of not being in the woods.

15. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My shoulder is coming along fine... this cold-laser therapy seems to be working! :woot:

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    T Minus 20 hours and counting!!!! YEAH!!!

17. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish NY's season started in April... birds are gobblin', fannin', and rompin' in the meadows! Good Luck Heck... hope that boy of yours gets a bird!

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been unseasonably warm here. A lot of the trees are bloomed or blooming and there is a lot of green on the ground. Will need to get it done early. I dislike hunting the jungle later in the season. :lol:

19. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

Got a couple inches of snow here last night :throw: but luckily it was gone by this evening. No word from the landowner about the farm I was trying to get permission to hunt, so looks like I will be sticking to my main deer hunting property. April 20th can't get here fast enough!

20. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Dunlap is your final team member!