NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MN_Jay, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It would have to be league minimum and backup at best. Richardson has had every opportunity to improve but really hasn't. In every game Ive watched he ends up running into players and falls down.

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. Taxman

Taxman Newb

Dislikes Received:
  4. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Philly has really made some interesting moves. I'm not a philly fan and I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Chip Kelly is either going to be a genius or an idiot.

5. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. It was somewhat of a tough one to take losing Murray, but I think they'll be alright. I don't think they go for AP. Unless Jerry Jones just wants to make a point and not look like he lost or doesn't know what he's doing. Actually Randle ran pretty well for the limited carries he got. I think they take the freed up money and get a couple defensive pieces and draft a RB as well. I see a running back by committee with Randle being the majority of careers back.

I was kind of hoping (expecting) for them to get Cromartie. He indicated that he wanted to play for Dallas and didnt care about playing with Revis. Next day he's a Jet playing with Revis.

6. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm about a big of Jerry Jones hater there is but I do have to hand it to the Cowboys yesterday (and this year in general), they are much more disciplined about getting caught up in the moment and paying guys more than they are worth. Sticking to their guns about how much they are willing to pay free agents.

It is a rich RB draft this year, I'm sure they'll find some talent there.

7. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    McFadden to the Cowboys is interesting... If he can stay healthy he should do pretty good behind that O line.

8. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'll have to root for the eagles this year. They are getting the Sooners back together.

9. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He could easily get 1300 if he stays healthy but I don't expect that to happen. Still love the pickup. The Cowboys combo of RBs will produce just as much as the Eagles, but half the cost.

10. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not excited as a Cowboys fan. He can't stay healthy. Whatever he had coming out of college is gone. He served as a backup a lot of last year. Only one season over 1,000 yards..... ehhhh I'm not doing jumping jacks.

11. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The fans doing jumping jacks in March are usually crying in January.

It's a solid signing for depth. They do not expect him to come in and replace Murray. He will most likely fill Randle's role from last year - probably a few more carries.

12. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Mike Wallace most likely being traded to the Vikings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Call me crazy, but I am pumped to have the Cowboys picking up McFadden. He is a very low risk player that has the skill set to produce on an AP level. He has been injury prone, but the same could be said about Murray before he got to play behind the best O-Line in the NFL. I can easily see McFadden getting 1,400 yards with 9-10 TD's this season. I would really like to see the Boys pick up Ameer Abdullah in the 3rd round as he could progress into a dynamic game changing RB much like Ray Rice or MJD in their prime.

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LMFAO I cant even believe you even try to compare him to AP. 6 seasons over 1000 yards compared to 1, over 3 times more touchdowns.

15. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    I never compared the two... I simply said that his skillset level is on par with AP, not his productivity level. McFadden has all the skill and potential in the world, he has played on the worst football team which has been holding him back. Simply look at the skill sets of DeMarco Murray, Joesph Randle, and Lance Dunbar and their production... now compare that to McFadden and it isn't even fair.

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How can his skill set be on par if he cant put up the numbers.

17. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    He is a 6'2" elusive running back who has power and ran a 4.33 40 at the NFL combine. I am not saying he is going to be AP, but given a chance to run behind an offensive line like Dallas has, he has a chance to show his potential. He is a great pickup for the Boys as he has a very high ceiling with very little money spent. I think the loss of DeMarco Murray is going to be minimal as McFadden is a faster, more explosive back. I understand the injury concerns, but this past season aside, Murray was known for his injury problems.

18. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hardy most likely going to the Cowboys. It will be a nice move as long as it's a performance based contract.

19. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good pick up if he can keep his personal life in check and stay on the field. Getting Sean Lee back as well and that defense got a whole lot better.

20. Taxman

Taxman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Surely you don't think Sean Lee is going to play a full season? That guy stays hurt more than Demarco Murray did.