Tiger

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Feb 3, 2015.

1. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That stuff about activating his glutes was weird. What golfer talks like that?

I think you may be right about the shotty play then an injury will creep up. I would just love to see him contend at the Masters one last time before he fades completely into obscurity.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes indeed, this was the beginning of the end for one of golf's greats.

3. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    18 months ago Tiger was world #1 and player of the year. I think he can come back. He needs to stop trying to swing like the twenty-something's and discover a more Fred Couples, Sam Snead like swing approach to "playing" golf, as opposed to trying to "work" the game as he has. It's hard for me to feel sorry for the Tiger. Ben Hogan was in a head-on car crash with a Greyhound Bus and learned how to walk again, and become a winner.

4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Truth of the matter is Tiger Woods is a billionaire, he earns about 70 million dollars per year when it's all said and done. He doesn't need to shoot good golf anymore. lol Google up some of his real estate and you'll see what I mean. He won't live long enough to spend all of his money. No sympathy here.

5. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I don't think we have to worry about Tiger ending up on a street corner somewhere lol.

I dont' think he is half as hungry as he was when he went on his run. He doesn't want it bad enough anymore. Maybe he spent himself during that stretch mentally. It mainly stems from that night his world crashed down on him, but that could be a small piece of it too. It's also a game where you have to out work the other guy. Especially at that level.

6. PRHC Bowman

PRHC Bowman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I hate to see him fall so fast. I enjoyed watching him (back in the day), remember when it used to be Tiger vs. the field. One thing he did do is make a lot of money for other players with the purses and interest he created. Ratings always went up when he was in the hunt on the weekend. The only way he will be in contention again is if he changes his swing (slower) to adjust to his injuries/pain. If not, he will spend the next year baby sitting and cheering as a fan

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger should call 1-800-Butch, Butch could fix'em

8. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is just my opinion of course but it seems like he's just trying to prove that he can still play the game. There was a lot of negative publicity surrounding his divorce from his wife and his golf game dropping off at the same point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So could NY Bowhunter :lmao: (golf swing). A number of psychologists (head)

His head drops about a foot from his downswing to his impact position!! It actually goes down during his backswing and more as he delivers the clubhead to the ball. He has one of the worst "stuck" positions I've ever seen. His club is coming on such an inside steep path he has no way to square it up at impact. He can't get his body out of his way for his arms to swing through impact and release it. Hence.... block right most of the time. Unless he manipulates it with his hands and small muscles at impact (not good). Then that will lead to the occasional duck hook with a shut down clubface. He has no choice but to play army golf. His spine angle is so far out of whack it's crazy. No way to be consistent with the move he has now. Then factor in that he is a head case and that is a real good recipe for disaster.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You now have made me metal with this description, LOL

11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    10 years ago maybe, but his ego was too big and still is.

PTSD from an ex trying to whack him up side the head with a club.

~Bill

12. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your analysis is spot-on sir. It's similar to the things they were saying about Tigers swing on TGC. It would probably be too humiluating for Tiger to play like Zach Johnson does, well a lot golfers for that matter, and just try to get to a good full wedge distance on the par fives. Though I did see Ernie Els get on a monstrous par five in two the other day, but he has an effortless swing and great balance which TW doesn't right now.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta bring this back to the forefront.

I've watched every round he has played and never doubted the mindset, his physical limitations held him back and then took a bit after the spinal fusion to bring the mental focus back.

I give him an 85% chance at sealing the deal tomorrow. 30% he can also claim the fedex cup

I give 100% that this season gives him several more seasons at a competitive level, picking and choosing the events to enter. Haven't researched the durability of a fused spine but if it holds up he very well could tie Jack.

I'm not even certain at this stage Tiger wants to outdo him, it is a more humble and modest Tiger we are seeing. Maybe equalling him would be the ultimate feat, but my guess is if he tied him he would seek one more.

14. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's good to see where his game is now. A LOT of work has been done to get him back to this point. He has obviously figured out the physical component of his swing. Now he has put together the right equipment to match the new golf swing (which takes time). The biggest thing is his short game has finally surfaced and he's making putts. He's mentally in a far different place than when I posted this. However...…. he HAS to close the deal this weak or it is a huge mental blow imo. I equate Tiger now to somebody trying to win for the first time on tour. Just very hard to do. He has to learn how to do that again. Today will show how far he is in that process. Going to go one of two ways. He either walks away with it and takes command or he tanks it and shoots a mediocre round and hands it to someone else.

NEW61375 likes this.
  15. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Prepare for the massive orgasm by Johnny Miller and Dan Hicks if he plays well and will no today.....have a box of Kleenex next to your tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Crazy round, almost worked out perfectly.

That forward hop Rose got on his 2nd at 18 taking it on the green rather than bouncing back into bunker was probably the shot of the day. Luck more than skill, but was a 10 million dollar hop.

17. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm happy for Tiger. I didn't see any of it but its been a hard fought battle to get back to winning. Good for him.

18. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup that was an exciting round to watch. I’m glad tiger won but glad rose won fed ex cup. I just couldn’t ever imagine the amount of stress that would be involved in plying a single hole for 10 million dollars like rose did on 18. I got s chance to see these guys play during the final round of bmw. They are all amazing to watch in person and they all have guts to be able to perform under pressure like that. Ryder cup is next. GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger's walk to the 18th green was something I had never seen before. The crowd actually overtook him as they reached greenside, the way he broke out of the crowd to get on the green had to be a claustrophobic moment.

If he can do well in the Ryder Cup next week and put Phil down Thanksgiving weekend he will have a lot of momentum heading into next year and time to fine tune his inconsistencies.

I bet he is chomping at the bit to get back to Augusta National im April.

Happy likes this.
  20. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah at one point they showed Rory and tiger beside each other and the crowd closing in and Rory took off running to get to the green. I think tiger was enjoying it and taking it all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums