Slick Tricks discontinued?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DD/MO, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzyman, maybe it was the shots taken, angle placement, etc. but I've used 125 grain MX-3 several times with little damage to the blades while it seems I've had more damage to the ST blades. I still have a few ST Magnums on hand and would not hesitate to use them though. Both fly very well for me with my setup.

I am going to play around with some Muzzy Phantom SC 125 heads this year. I like the thought of .50 blade thickness.

2. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would think its because they can justify a price increase that way.

3. Bucks & Bulls

Bucks & Bulls Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This was my first thought but ST is going to add $10 more so you still pay $10 per head just in a 4 pack. I'm not sure if other companies will do this or up the price per head.

4. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yea me too. I was getting ready to check every mail order site and stock up with whoever had any. I'll take slick tricks in whatever quantity they'll sell them....

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad I don't pay the high prices for the ST's. My local shop sells them for $21 a pack (3 pack). I also found them online for much less than the $30 you're reporting. I'd pay $30 for a four pack.

6. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow your lucky. My shop sells them for $32 (3pack) now. I usually nab them for 24-26 on eBay with free shipping. If I'm on a pinch I'll buy from the shop but a lot of times I have a hard enough time coming up with the money to spend much less spending 10 more per pack by the time you put tax and all in. I hate it. Maybe one of these days I'll get in a position to buy local, but it's hard to when you see the price difference.

7. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    $21 is below my dealer cost...even with the 3-pks on closeout. I guess he buys high quantity, direct from the manufacturer.

8. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know they buy and sell a ton of them. In fact, he always puts two packs aside for me every season just so I have them. (I was one of the first converts from Muzzy to them a few years back at this shop).

One thing to think about when justifying the price is their durability. Perhaps not the blades because they always get chewed up on deer and I never use the same set of blades twice on game. But the body of these heads are solid steel and take a serious beating.

I have a stockpile of heads now, some that are new, some that just need blades. I am at a point where buying a single pack and extra blades will do me well each season.

9. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I almost had a come apart.