Season 5 Episode 27: The Wounded

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Licking Branch, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Licking Branch

Licking Branch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanted to point out that Dalton was not wearing hunter orange when it was required for his hunt. He needs to read his game regulations more carefully. The only firearms season in Missouri while hunting with archery equipment where hunter orange is not required is the alternative methods season. He was archery hunting during the doe only firearms season.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what the exact laws in MO are but we're certainly looking into it. I assume if that's the case it was an oversight on his end - but I'll double check to be sure. Thanks for the heads up!

3. dcook

dcook Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You are right and I apologize for my mistake I did in fact overlook that. For whatever reason I thought that as long as it's not regular rifle season it was not required I now know that was in fact wrong. I always wear my orange even during alternative season while walkin to the stand then I just remove it when I get set up to hunt. Now I know and it will not happen again. Thanks for the heads up licking branch, hope you have a great 2015 hunting season!

4. Licking Branch

Licking Branch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd hate to see you get your buck taken away and fined for an oversight. I just wanted you to be aware. When you place yourself in front or behind the camera you must follow every game law by the book. I'm not saying you shouldn't otherwise if you weren't filming, but you're more under the microscope. Good luck to you in 2015 as well.

5. Sharp38ky

Sharp38ky Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Todd and Justin for sharing my picture on this episode...Bowhunt or Die!

6. Shockwave

Shockwave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I woulda shot that wounded buck too!! Especially considering how I'm pretty much having the same kinda season Justin is having! It's been a rough year!!

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've determined that my hunting seasons will forever be the standard by which all other bad seasons are judged. I'm the Litmus Test of bad hunting experiences. :lol:

8. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have many pics of three legged deer the buck would have probably survived. But because the break looked relatively fresh he looked to be having difficulty walking, mainly because he had not gotten used to the injury yet...

I would have be a no shoot from me...

9. B.Lewis

B.Lewis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When I guided hunts, I've seen 3 legged deer several times. Perfect deer for a young kid or someone's first deer because I don't think it will ever survive to become a fully mature buck worth harvesting. Unless... The injury happens when it's a mature deer. The odds are not in the deers favor of surviving no matter the age with predators bacteria and such. This is only my opinion with my experiences but wouldn't fault any decision. Going to try to get some reverse angles on my next deer. Awesome idea!