Bama is WEAK....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by frenchbritt123, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Real football is played on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.

2. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    9-7 in the BIG the past two years doesn't seem terrible...have been improving since getting a new coach

3. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ohio State played a hell of a game and out played us. It didn't help either us losing defensive players left and right. I still think the SEC is the best conference in the nation. Dynasties can't go forever. Eventually they are going to fall. And the more success they've had, the harder they fall. My blood will always bleed Crimson. Hats off to Ohio State and Ill be pulling for em on Monday night. Roll Tide!!!

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    But not if you are a Viking fan:lol:

5. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OSU really put a pretty good whooping on 'Bama from what I saw, and showed the TOUGHNESS that they have, this is why a TEAM with their 3rd string QB is going to be playing next Monday for the National Championship, because they are a TEAM!!!

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt they made plays, but OSU was on the ropes and Alabama blew some opportunities. like getting the ball on the 23 yard line after a punt and immediately throwing a piss poor pass that was intercepted. I give OSU all the credit in the world, they won that game, but I'll stand by my statement that Alabama wins that game 7 out of 10 times. Believe me, I want nothing more than Alabama to fall off the face of the earth, but it was game of runs. Alabama hit first, then OSU fired back. Alabama just ran out of time in their final push to tie it up. If they had another 30 seconds, we might all be talking a different tune.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I still can not believe that Nick Saben said that you can be a winner without a trophy.

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think OSU would win 8 out of 10. :o

9. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    No Chance!

10. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Besides winning the game...OSU clearly outperformed Bama when looking at the stat sheet. They outgained Bama by 130 yards and converted 10-18 3rd downs. Bama converted only 2-13 3rd downs. You aren't gonna win many games when you can't stop the other team on 3rd down and also can't convert it on offense. This was a more one sided performance than the score indicates in my opinion.

11. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    So are you suggesting that an SEC team should be given an additional 30 seconds if they are behind at the end of regulation? What if they are still behind after the 30 seconds? Do they get another 30 seconds? How many additional a30 second extensions should they get?

I have a suggestion that would stick with the one hour regulation game but would still help the SEC teams. SEC teams would get five downs per possession whenever they play a Big 10 team. Would that be fair enough?

12. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Never suggested they get any extra time, just stating that they had the ball, driving with a chance to tie it up. If there had been another thirty seconds, chances are they would have scored and forced over time. Clock management is a big part of the game, one that OSU screwed up on by throwing a bomb on their first pay off their last possession, had they ran it, Alabama would have had about 30 seconds less. It was just a blanket statement rebutting the statement that OSU routed Alabama. Truth of the matter is, Alabama had a shot at ring the game before time ran out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

13. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That last series for OSU was a head scratcher. Almost bit them, didn't Bama turn it over though to end the game? I honestly can't remember ha

14. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    42-35 is not exactly a blow-out. But "if Alabama had 30 seconds more" is kind of silly talk. If Ohio State had 30 seconds more, maybe they would have scored two more touchdowns.

We watched the Michigan State/Baylor game. State scored in the last 30 seconds, (after our coach remembered the forward pass), winning by one whole point. Baylor got the ball back and threw an interception to end the game. Our quarterback took a knee with two seconds remaining.

Had Alabama another 30 seconds, there is no question that, in their panicked state, they would have thrown an interception, fumbled the ball away, or taken a game ending sack. Maybe Alabama could have won with another 30 seconds or another 30 minutes. But the rules say you have to do all your scoring during regulation. No extra 30 seconds just because you're Alabama.

15. Tman

Tman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I could say Roll Tide, but Ohio brought it last night. Even with a third string QB. Auburn couldn't hang either. At least FSU's streak was broke

16. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is comical. Skywalker is lost in space. Bama was beat in every aspect of the game but the punt team. Guy was unreal.

As for the long ball on first down. Urbs was playing to win. He wasn't there to play conservative ball control. That killer instinct is what got tOSU there and it is also what beat bama.

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bama got destroyed by OSU and a third string QB, if OSU does not turn the ball over and make couple mistakes in the red zone this game would have been a blow out.
    Urban last series is how he coaches, he plays to win, period.

Bama go beat, now sit down with Michigan and watch the NC game with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    OSU was better in every aspect of the game, but if you look at the stats they weren't that much better. Only 130 yards of offense difference. I'm not trying to take anything away from OSU, they were extremely impressive, but even with all that, they still had to hold on in a one score game. I was extremely impressed with the way they faced the adversity of being down big to begin the game.

19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Lets not forget Alabama turned it over 3 times as well, so lets say they didn't turn it over. I'm guessing we'd have a different outcome. I don't know how a team gets "destroyed" when they lose on their last possession, with a chance to tie it up. I have no dog in the fight, and personally hate both teams, I just don't think OSU could do that to Alabama on a consistent basis. It doesn't really matter because I'm happy as hell not to have to watch either FSU or Alabama in the NC. I can't wait to watch what Oregon can do, their the only team in the playoff that I even remotely like.

20. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not that much better? Third down conversions and a strong running game are usually what wins games. Third down conversions Bama 2-13, OSU 10-18... Rushing yards Bama 170, OSU 281.