Death Dealers - TEAM 20 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by scarps23, Aug 18, 2014.

1. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody still hunting? Crickets around here.

2. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to try and get another doe before the late holiday gun hunt in the zone were my property is. Not really for all these late gun hunts so I will turn my small property into a sanctuary for that week.

3. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. We have gun season here for awhile. Might get out later this year to try the bale blind out.

4. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have final exams this week. May put a bunch of corn out next weekend after rifle and try to at least shoot a doe. Other than that haven't been after them much lately.

Sent from my Moto X

5. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got my target buck during shotgun. Wish i would have saw him during bow season.. Oh well I guess. He was a lot older than I thought, had 3 teeth.

6. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I shot another doe this evening but I will have to get it tomorrow after work....I hope. I thought I double lunged her but must have hit her a bit far back. I was able to walk up to her within 12 feet of her as she was bedded. My buddy and I talked in normal tone as he walked to me and then she jumped up and ran off. I was going to shoot her again where she laid but it was dark thus my buddy was walking to me so he could hold the light. I think she is liver hit as I would imagine she would have gotten up a lot earlier if she was not hurting. Hopefully she did not go far and the coyotes lay off her until 330pm tomorrow.

7. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Had a liver hit last year where I jumped the doe in a similar manner. She looked really hurt. It was light and I snuck up on her and finished off the second time. The doe didn't go to far for me and I believe was the last she would have ran. Good luck finding her.

8. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went back today after work and found the doe.... STILL ALIVE! Yes 24 hours after shooting her she was bedded about 100 yards from where I jumped her last evening. She got up and ran away, tail high. Weird thing is there was a lot of blood in her bed and there was fresh blood where she ran. I had a friend with who could see she was hit high on the entrance side but with the angle the deer should have been dead. So our hunch is I shot her through the dead spot which is between the spine and lungs. Deer do bleed a lot from this area but usually heal. I can't imagine she will die anytime soon seeing her leave the area the way she did.

9. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    I would guess she will live too if she didn't look bad.

10. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sorry I haven't been on in awhile!!! been busy busy busy. Plan on finishing this season out hopin to tag a buck or a doe next week on my week off and its the last week I can hunt for a buck so well see what happens!

11. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    well got us some points!!! Shot a doe last week on my week off i just need to get the pics off my phone and upload them here!!!

12. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work. Getting really cold here. -5 for a high Wednesday. I've shut it down for the year. Figured no use hunting more with meat in freezer and a heck of good/lucky year. Might go after some squirrels and then wait for turkey season.

Best of luck to anyone still out there getting after it. I'm still checking in every once in awhile.

13. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    I got this week left to try to tag another doe then my season is done!!! Can't believe Deer season is almost over!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    It does go by fast.