Team 13 **Tall Tines & Naughty Pines**

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a great buck jrk!

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wow that's a great buck!!!!

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I conquer. Well the good thing is that you got spared from having to deal with nosy friends!
    Awesome buck by the way JRK!

4. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Thanksgiving guys, I got alot to be thankful for this year...Spending the day with family, then Saturday back to the woods...

5. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Happy thanksgiving everyone! I didn't make it out today, snow and ice storm came through yesterday leaving the trees coated with ice. To dangerous to climb for me!
    Hope everyone is having a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys the plan is to be out in the woods alot this weekend. Got some snow on the ground and it's supposed to warm up a little bit. Hoping for a good couple days, depending on weather this may be one of the last big pushes I have of the year as far as hunting convective days and sitting as long. Still need go in and finish setting up stand I moved before last weekend so may do that after tomorrow's morning sit.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you had good day.

7. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to anyone hunting over the weekend!

8. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Sat dark to dark Saturday thanks to my new Heater Body Suit, saw 16 turkeys and no deer. Do got pics on the TC of a real nice buck, hope to get out soon

9. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    how was the HBS? really been thinking of getting one, I'm not gonna lie I was gonna go out today, but with low temps and the wind, the couch sounded better!

10. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have really been considering HBS as well. The problem is as soon as it gets really cold and gun season is over, My cams go nocturnal and I loose all motivation after being out in the cold to work. I know I would end up using it hard the first year, then it would sit on the shelf.

11. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    I was warm all day, I went with a bigger size just to have some more room. Once I got used to getting it open and figured out how to get it off my shoulders it was great

12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been hunting much lately since been trying to finish off what is hopefully last job of year. Went out last weekend and on Friday night seen lots of deer but for whatever reason Saturday was dead quiet. They're still moving though and I'm still seeing few small bucks roaming around with does. Tomorrow starts gun season again until Sunday so won't be able to make it out in stand with bow but may head out and try and film buddy and his girlfriend just to try it out.

13. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also have been thinking of getting a HBS. So it looks like this weekend is the last hunting weekend for me. I saw a monster buck last weekend while I was walking to the car just after legal light. I even smelled him from over a hundred yards away. Hopefully hell be back chasing some fawns.

14. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna try and make it out Sunday morning for a few hours. My season goes till the end of January. I'm still not motivated to go out though, really hope I can shake it, cause it really sucks not being motivated or have the urge to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Double post

16. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Went out and checked cams tonight. Didn't have much on them. Couple small bucks here and there. Shotgun season has came to a close so it will be interesting to see what made it through and what didn't. Hoping that big guy posted earlier made it but won't know until either get a pic or word gets around from the neighbors on what they got.

Looking forward to getting back into the stand with the bow. Hoping the crops that got planted for the winter cover crop start coming up. Still got cows out on the couple cut corn fields so when they get moved off hopefully the deer will show back up.

Swamp I know exactly how ya feel with not being motivated. I went through that last year and it does suck. Got all excited and ready to go then when got to stand couldn't make myself stay. Least yours is goin on after prime time, mine started last year right around the end of Oct and beginning of Nov. Hope it passes for ya brother and your able to go back out and enjoy it.

17. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got out saturday morning and had 4 walk thru before light. Couldn't see any of them. Nothing else. Went out with my son Later around noon and bumped 2 does bedded own 20 yards in front of my stand, go figure. Cameras have really slowed down. Did get a nice "Elliot" buck an hour before light, 5:30 am. One side was missing. I have an empty house this weekend so might get out a couple times.

18. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Just got set up in the stand. First sit in awhile. Jumped two coming in so hopefully not all I see.

19. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks brotha! Thinkin of heading out tomorrow morning, got all my gear set to go, the thought is great like you said,,,hopefully i can shake it!! Good luck on the stand today!!

20. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Hey folks, sorry been busy with inprocess here at Ft Hood. Most disorganized mess I've ever dealt with in my 18 years! I'm hoping I can find a spot to hunt over Christmas leave