Easton flatline arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Parkerg31, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey yall, I have previously been shooting gold tip pro hunters, but I recently bought some Easton flatline arrows to try out. Which are more accurate. What are y'all's opinions on which one is better for deer? For hogs? And also which one will penetrate more with better kinetic energy. I am shooting a 67# 27" draw on my Matthews craze. The Easton arrows are 340 spine and the gold tips are 400.

2. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've hunted with them the last 4 years and I have no complaints. Very accurate and tough in my opinion. The only one I broke was in 2011 when the deer rolled over on it. I shoot a 28" arrow w/100 Gr QAD head out of a 28.5" draw 60# Hoyt and have had pass through on 5 out of the last 7 deer.

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So many variables in that question. What tip weight do you use, what is the actual arrow length, final weight of built arrows. In general the heavier arrow will have more kinetic energy and momentum to an extent (there is always a point of diminishing returns) which will translate to more penetration. Probably the most important peice to that puzzle is a good FOC (front of center) ratio and tuning. An arrow flailing toward an animal has a much tougher time passing through.

After looking at the specs for each arrow they are basically the exact same arrow except for spine. With a field point my guess would be you won't know the difference. With a fixed broad head the 340s may tune a little better since you will be close to on the line with spine between 340 and 400.

I will say I believe Easton makes better arrows. I always had spine inconsistencies when I shot gold tips. I now shoot Beman ICS Hunters which are made by Easton and they are a much better arrow. My next arrow will be Easton FMJs.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  4. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice! I cranked my poundage up to 70# for a little extra speed and Ke and at 20 and 30 yards I am enjoying good groups! I'm gonna try them out in the field Saturday on some deer. Prayin for success