Team Driven2Hunt - Team 32

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by patinthehat, Aug 18, 2014.

1. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OUCH!! Glad you are ok. Wishing you a Speedy Recovery!!

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Rednas5!!

3. aRroW_adDicted

aRroW_adDicted Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First off congratulations to Logman, Rednas, and everyone else who has killed a deer this year. This is shaping up to be a good season. This past Sunday I harvested my fist deer in almost 20 years. On top of that this is the first ever for me with a bow. It was a five yard shot and probably one of the most exciting things I have done. He measured out at 110 7/8 and I have already posted him on the scorecard.

Attached Files:

4. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    saweet!! Team Driven 2 Hunt is rolling now!!!! Congrats on a nice buck there arrow!

5. Swampstomper

Swampstomper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Logman, nice buck.

6. Swampstomper

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, nice doe.

7. Swampstomper

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats arrow addicted. nice buck.

8. comescrashing

comescrashing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys, I've been busy just sucking. I've blown 3 shots so far! Hopefully it'll turn around Friday morning. You guys are doing awesome
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

9. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good work boys, good work and congrats to everyone. Rednas it looks like you some somebody's Hereford; that doe is huge. I rattled in a 110-115 8pt this morning and a 4pt walked by about an hour ago. Armadillo has been entertaining me for over an hour. Still in the stand so we'll see what happens. Good luck all.

10. comescrashing

Dislikes Received:
    best sit so far this season starting out. Right at light had a couple does come by but just out of range. Hopefully it'll mean more deer moving

11. comescrashing

Dislikes Received:
    And I just learned why I need a dtop away rest. Had a doe moving into my shooting lane and she heard me draw

12. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out tomorrow and have vacation until the 17th...I have The Perfect 10 on my mind. I'm hoping to at least get a good glimpse of him. The temps here in NW Mo are going to be awesome starting Tuesday with temps reaching only the low 30's. Should get those bucks out there moving. Good Luck guys. Our team is doing really well!

13. patinthehat

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to everyone who is going out! @comecrashing keep up with it. they will get in range. That cold front that came through really dropped temps in our area so they should def be moving! @JGD hope that shooter comes back by for ya. @rednas5 You picked a great time for vacation! strong cold front hitting the US early next week so that should get em moving big time. Our team is kicking arse! I wish Fitz would update the scores so we can see where we stand. I have seen some nice bucks go up in the score thread but if everyone knocks down a doe and some sort of buck, then we got a great chance! I'm hoping to go out sometime next week. Work has been hell and every time i start to pick a day to go, something comes up. Hoping to get out sometime soon!

14. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out tomorrow morning and afternoon / evening! Saw a nice 6pt chasing a doe real hard on Tuesday so things are picking up! Trying to decide where to sit in the AM. It's a Saturday so i'm bound to be there with probably at least two or three other hunters. Either get in super early and setup where I was on Tuesday or setup in the area that everyone will pass and possibly push deer my way...decisions.

Should be good either way though!!

15. thomas1213

thomas1213 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job guys on all the deer let's keep up the good work they are on their feet here in ky.

16. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A little update since I posted from the stand on Thursday. I moved my stand about 25 yards when I got out of the tree that night and was in my new set up Friday morning 45 minutes before shooting light. That day I saw 7 deer including a shooter out of range and on the move. He was not interested in grunts or rattles and disappeared quickly. I rattled in a button buck and a fork horn. I moved my stand 25 more yards at noon and had a doe and button buck pass under my stand at about 4 pm. I really like that new spot and plan to hunt it Tuesday and Wednesday. This is all on public land so I have no idea what bucks are in the area but I know from past experience there are some good deer in there. Thursday I will be setting a stand for a weekend hunt in a special draw area I drew a tag for. It is a three day hunt (Fri, Sat and Sun) but Friday I'll be with my wife as she goes through her final chemo treatment. I scouted the special draw area on Saturday a bit and saw a real nice buck cruising so we'll see what happens. It's supposed to get really cold and possibly have rain mixed with snow this weekend so maybe the bucks will be moving. Good luck this week and be safe everyone.

17. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    JGD I wish your wife the best of luck with her treatment I'll say a pray for you two.. I shot a doe yesterday... Thought I drilled her, (10yards, broadside) after shooting her around 3 I waited till I was done hunting around 6 to go look, trail was good in the beginning and my arrow had good blood but I didn't take long to where it simply was no trail to follow... Extremely dissapointed, my only guess is that my shot was slightly far forward... But when she was hit I didn't feel it was far enough to be an issue. Unfortunately no luck finding her, again went out this morning to look and no luck ( looked all around a bedding area she went into :( ) So now I've tramped through the best deer sanctuary in my area.. Hopefully I didn't mess up stuff too much. Cleaned up my arrows, plan on heading out tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning, I leave for South Dakota Wednesday night to pheasant hunt and won't return till next week. Hopefully I can make it happen.

18. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I lucked out....story to follow when I get time![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. aRroW_adDicted

aRroW_adDicted Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow! Great buck Rednas!

20. patinthehat

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap! That is an awesome buck! Can't wait to hear the story and see what he scores!!