Arrow question??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by lgordon711, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lgordon711

lgordon711 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I got a 12 pack of Easton bloodlines this summer. All of them shot good when I first got them. My bow is paper tuned and I practice almost every day. I know how to shoot a bow I would say pretty well. So usually I will number my arrows and use 1-6 for hunting and 7-12 for practice. So my arrows have wraps on them by the fetching. One of my arrows hit some wood and it cut the wrap so I took the wrap off and got it refleched. It shoots fine. Now I notice most of my practice arrows shoot really bad. They fly noticeably wrong and inconsistent. They will sometimes shoot a foot off. Now the one arrow with out the wrap and my hunting arrows which have only been shot about 5 times max each all shoot great. Has anyone ever had this problem? I cant figure it out. The only other thing would be that the arrows got damaged some how, but that is weird that the only one without a wrap flies great and somehow undamaged. Oh and I forgot to say I have had all my bad arrows refletched. It was bad before and It is still bad now. Any help guys before I just cut all the wraps off and start over?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think its a wrap issue.
    Most likely your dealing with a few issues. Your Nocks that are probably getting getting sloppy....You can also have alignment issues with the inserts that take a beating being shot a lot.

Lastly, I think you shoot the spine out of arrows eventually.....Especially thin walled arrows like bloodlines.

So its most likely an combination of things pointing to used out arrows....Buy new ones.

3. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot the un wrapped one the most by far almost 3 or 4 times more than most ofthe others and no problems. Most of my arrows have not even been shot very much probably less than 50 times and the other probably 3-4 hundred times or more.

4. trial153

Dislikes Received:

Well if you knew the answer to the question you could have saved yourself posting.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  5. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    What do you mean by that?

6. mike387

mike387 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You over shot the others is what he's getting at I think.

7. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    They just have not been shot very much. I have a good one that has been shot 20 times more than some of the others and it still shoots fine. Im going to go ahead and take the wraps off and refletch the arrows and see if it helps. If not then I will need to buy new arrows if so then great. Im a poor college kid and I realy dont have another 120 dollars to spend on a new set. The only thing I can think of is the bow shop set me up wrong on the type of arrow I need for my bow. Maybe they are too light and break easy or something because 3 mo is not long enough for arrows to last.
    thanks for the help tho guys

8. bkdraftbn1

bkdraftbn1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Pal, can you provide a little more info please. Arrow length, spine, DL, poundage. Also critical but often overlooked is the weight of your point. How many grains you shooting up front? Thanks, hope we can help. Im long away from college years, but I understand. Dont buy new arrows just yet.

14 Chill R, sword twilight hunter, QAD hdx, bernies control freak stab. & sidebar.

9. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    I dont know arrow length I would guess about 30 or 31 in. The bow shop cut them really long for no reason I asked them to make them as short as possible. They are bloodline 400's and my draw is 29in at 71lbs. I shoot 100gr muzzys. I was looking and I think my arrow may be a little too light which may be why they did not last long if that is the case. I did not do my research on them like I should have before I bought them. I just trusted the bow shop and I told them what my bow was and asked what they recommended. Maybe they messed up or something. I still have arrows that shoot really good and I would like to get a new bow when I graduate in December after I get a job. My bow is and older Mathews mq32. So I will probably not if I dont have to buy new arrows until I get a new bow.

10. trial153

Dislikes Received:

yes your WAY WAY under spined.

11. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same arrows and can say I'm not that happy with them. Maybe the issues I've had this year have been them maybe not. I have a totally different set-up (Elite Answer 28.5 60 lbs) then you so doubt I'm underpinned.
    I totally agree with Trial, your under-spinned.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  12. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    that's what I figured is it dangerous to shoot? I still have arrows that shoot well enough to finish out the season. Im pretty mad at them I am going to talk to them actually. I know that it is something that I should have researched but they should know what they are doing. I know they are not stupid maybe they just ordered the wrong ones or something.

13. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    With my set up what would you guys recommend for arrow for me? What would be good in around the $60 for 6 price range?