Death Dealers - TEAM 20 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by scarps23, Aug 18, 2014.

1. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Any action this morning?

2. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Negative it's was pretty slow but it was still blowing 25-30 mph it's let up a lot this afternoon so I'm hoping I can make it happen tonight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck tonight. Been nasty outside here too.

4. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well nothing last night seen only 1 small doe! Deer movement have been pretty slow! Goin out again this AM to try and get it done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody hunting this weekend? Let's hear some reports. I'm not going to be out. I'm living through other people hunting this weekend. Good luck out there.

Pretty warm here in Iowa. Got a report of a nice buck seen near the bale blind we have set up.

6. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well its been really really slow here in central ks!!! slow enough that I just picked up a couple nights of overtime this weekend!!! hopefully sunday will be a good day in the stand since that's the next moring I can be out!!!

7. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Hearing it has been slow this morning around here. Too hot and too much corn in.

8. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out on public land this morning. It was great to be out even though I didn't have any action

9. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out in the moring once I get off!!! Got a bunch of does showing up around 9am so hopefully I can stick an arrow through one of them!!!

10. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the 9 am routine.

11. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Went for a drive late tonight looking for deer. Saw a couple nice bucks about half an hour before end of shooting.

Still a lot of corn up and that doesn't help. Anything going on in the other parts of the world?

12. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

DucksUnlimitedHunter27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been out lately. Buddy shot a doe out in western KS with the boomstick for the early season antlerless. Our trip got cut short to chase the ducks around, which we did a number on.

4 wheeler is in the shop getting fixed finally. Ordered some bedliner to paint it with.

As far as deer hunting, I'm planning on heading out all weekend long. The next 2 weekends I most likely won't make it out. So hope they kick into the rut this week... Anxious to get back and check trail cameras, and even more anxious to hunt once the leaves drop and the cold weather gets here.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

13. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well had a better morning than i have been having lately!! Saw 4 bucks although that were nothing to get worked up over!!! 1 was a basket rack, 2 twin button bucks and a spike all walk by me this am!!! i have one more hunt tonight then its back to the grind for my week of work :mad: Hoping the way things are looking that when my week of begins on the 28th that things will be really starting to ramp up!!!

14. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been a frustrating year so far. Everything I had early disappeared and is slowing returning. My neighbor to our property called me this morning and told me he has 7 or 8 bucks he would shoot on camera. I sent him a picture of a mid 140s 8 pointer and he said that is the smallest one he would shoot. Kind of amazing our land is across the road I have nothing to get real excited over and he has 6 or 7 over mid 140s with the biggest being nearly 180. The issue right now may be the amount of does we have....we have a lot of them...maybe to many...coming to my turnips and clover. Im hoping this changes to bucks as the pre-rut heats up. Good Luck guys.

15. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    If you have lots of does I would be excited. Rut should be good for you. Especially with neighbors bucks.

I'm out giving it a whirl tonight. Good wind for stand I'm in. Still hot and lots of corn. Not expecting much.

16. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Rattled in a decent 8 point last night to around 40 yards. He slowly circled downwind to check things out. Was fun to see. I'm guessing 120ish for size. Nothing else seen.

Buddy of mine had a shooter cruise past him last night. He didn't get a shot. Pre-rut is here in my neighborhood. Talked to another person that had seen some nice bucks dogging does this weekend.

Tried loading a video of an 8 point that might have been the one I saw last night, but photobucket isn't working to load that video. It will load other videos, but something must be wrong with the video.

17. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    Bucks back up on their feet and moving some? Can't decide what I'm going to do this weekend... Highs in the 80's has me tempted to hold off.

Nov 1 is out of the question and the following weekend I'm thinking about canceling on a duck hunting trip to get after them.

18. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    I have the whole weekend to myself. Wife is gone. Sadly, I'm not even excited because of the weather. I'll still get out, but warm weather doesn't get me excited for bucks moving. Even though this time of year is usually good for movement in my area. Nothing is locked down yet. Who knows? I might shoot another doe if I get a really good close shot and process it this weekend if the opportunity presents itself.

I'll never know unless I get out and see. Might do more harm than good sometimes, but I still enjoy being out either way.

I also think you should cancel that duck hunting trip. Just kidding, but serious.

19. DucksUnlimitedHunter27

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking I'll go back and hunt. Might as well. If the cams aren't showing much I may sneak in, put a doe down, and leave.

As far as the duck trip, I'm thinking I could make it back to hunt all day sun up to sun down Friday Nov 7. Then drive out to hunt ducks Saturday and Sunday. Could work, but we'll see.

I will be in a tree on Nov 14-16 regardless. And I have a pretty solid thanksgiving break before rifle season as well.

20. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going to my lease this weekend to hopefully fill a doe tag in the mornings. Hunting the evenings on our farm since my #1 decided to start day walking. Been moving my cams little by little closer to what I think is his bedding area and finally caught him checking a scrape. It's too risky to hunt mornings for him at the moment. Hoping to catch him staging close to his bedding area before hitting the foodplots in the evening.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk