Observations

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bowguy, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've posted something similar in another forum. Wondering if anyone else has noticed bucks, especially basket racks rub saplings by pulling instead of pushing. They use back of rack. I've been at this since the mid 80s n witnessed it many times. In fact Id think it'd be common knowledge. Maybe it's just regional but Id think not. Seen it happen in the Midwest and eastern states.
    Another observation is deer shaking off when destressing. Commonly theyll see or think they see you. They watch, put their head down n pop it up n look again at you. If you take a shot now they'll jump the string. When they figure all is well they shake off n forget you.
    Dogs do it too. Put a dog up on a pedestal at the vet. Sorta stresses em. Makes them concerned most times. Once back on solid ground they shake off n back to normal. Another example for beaglers is when a rabbit truly hits a hole many of the pack shake off once they realize the chase is over.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being anxious stresses the body. When the body becomes stressed it can exhibit symptoms of stress, including a trembling and shaking feeling. The more stressed the body becomes, the more pronounced symptoms of stress can become.

I call it the Hebei Gibe’s

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I usually shoot fixated bucks having to draw with a dozen or so does and fawns at 30 to 40 yards is the biggest challenge, that and having to sneak off the stand well after dark because the dang deer bed down close by.