Nap kill zone question

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bussy684, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have herd a lot of good things about the kill zones, so I thought I would give them a try.

I put them on and wanted to shoot one to see how they do. But I can't seem to get them to fly good at all. They are sweeping way high then coming in at a angle, they aren't contestant at. Any thought on what is going on.

2. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what could be wrong. I have shot both the CoC heads and Trophy Tip with great accuracy.

Any chance your are shooting a drop away and the fletchings are hitting the rest. That has caused my arrow to come in at an angle while practicing before. Just a thought.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you shot any other broadheads with success?

4. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I shoot a drop away. I normally shot G5 strikers which is a fixed blade and they shoot just as good as my field tips do.

5. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like you have a bow tuning issue. Could be something as simple as the fletchings hitting the string or it could be an arrow rest off to one side or the other or even some string stretch causing your bow to be out of time. I have shot killzones for 3 years with great accuracy. Good luck resolving your issue!

6. Bussy684

Bussy684 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only thing that is wracking my brain is. My other broad heads and field points shoot fine, and when I put the kill zones on it makes me nervous cuz I don't know we're they are gonna hit. Lol. If the bow was out of tune or have problems with the rest wouldn't that cause problems all the time when I shot no matter what?

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know Tim Gillingham tests all sorts of broadheads out to 120 yards and he said kill zones are the most accurate ones out there. It's probably you or your bow.

8. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your field tips and fixed blades both shoot spot on, I would not shoot the killzones just for confidence issues. When you have time to make it to your shop and can re-tune and dial it in and give them another go.

Just given there small flying profile, seams odd to shoot poorly if other tips are working for you.

9. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had any issues with mine either!