Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you could own land anywhere?

May be beating a dead horse here, but if you had the opportunity to own land (within your means of course $$) where would it be and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums
    2017 Mathews Halon 32
    NAP Bloodrunner 2 blade
    QAD Ultra Rest
    Carbon Express Maxima 250
    Tru Fire Release
    Limbsaver Stabilizer
    Nikon 550 Pro Staff Rangefinder

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the land that I own here in Vermont.

I really enjoy hunting in Idaho but if I could buy and own land anywhere it would definitely be in New Zealand.
    Likes Rangerdan, head2toe camo liked this post

You don't quit hunting because you get old.
    You get old because you quit hunting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fulton County or Schuyler County Illinois. I truly hope I can make that happen in the next few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is so much more to life than buck hunting, where I live the hunting isn't bad, the fishing is good and my family is here.
    Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kansas

Sent from my SM-S975L using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    I live and own land in eastern KS and western MO. It'd be a good choice depending on the specific farm.

If I had my druthers, I'd probably take a good area in Iowa. They have better soils and soils is where it's at whether you're talking farming for profit or managing and hunting deer. Our climate here is surely a smidge warmer and longer growing season but probably not really enough to make any real difference. The better soil is still well worth that trade off. Also the land is more valuable there and if a person doesn't want to farm or wants to quit, it's still going to earn more profit through rent or resale.

I imagine similar arguments could be made for Nebraska and Illinois, especially in specific areas. I'm just not all that familiar with those from a soil and crop standpoint.
    Likes boonerville, Matt liked this post

Hoyt Carbon Element (2013) 28.5"dl, 75#dw
    Beaman Bone Collector arrows
    Trophy Ridge react-1 sight
    Quad rest
    NAP Hellrazor broadheads

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    Fulton County or Schuyler County Illinois. I truly hope I can make that happen in the next few years.
    ^^^^ this great place.

Or Iowa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Allamakee Co, Iowa for sure. Low taxes, quiet county as far as crime and right along the river. Beautiful area with a lot of good hunting offered. The properties are also large enough yet where you can manage a deer herd vs a lot of areas where big properties have been parceled off to make the most money for the former owner.
    Save a tree, kill a buck

Post Thanks / Like
    If we're talking from a deer hunting-centric POV, I'd have to go with south central Indiana...oh, what I could do with 120 acres of mixed crops and hardwoods down there...plus low property taxes.

If we're talking just land in general, I'd say Idaho, somewhere west of Salmon in the Bitterroots...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoodles View Post
    If we're talking from a deer hunting-centric POV, I'd have to go with south central Indiana...oh, what I could do with 120 acres of mixed crops and hardwoods down there...plus low property taxes.

If we're talking just land in general, I'd say Idaho, somewhere west of Salmon in the Bitterroots...
    The bitteroots are east of Salmon on the Montana border ! West of Salmon is National forrest.
    Likes Sangster liked this post

Really I'm not lying this time !

Post Thanks / Like
    along the pacific coast in the south west area of Alaska !!! maybe not too far from the Kilchers

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could own land anywhere it would be in Buffalo or Trempealeau Co. Wisconsin. Nothing huge something around 80-100 acres that I could manage properly. Richland Co. also has some great deer that is where I currently hunt on a friends property.There is always the thought in my head that having a spot just a couple miles from my house doesn't sound that bad either. Maybe someday....

Post Thanks / Like
    I would stay in Michigan but I would want some property further north where I can hunt elk and bear as well as whitetail and turkey.
    2016 24 HR Assassins (121 3/4)

If The Rod Tips Are High, So Am I
    Rock On Tampon, See You Next Period
    Shoot Anything You Want, As Long As It's Mathews

N0.6Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Within 15 minutes of my house would be best. Mostly so I could spend a great deal of time there.
    Likes pick00l liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anywhere my wife wants to go!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast