Deer chasers

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by biddsthewiz, Jul 8, 2016.

1. biddsthewiz

biddsthewiz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any problems with dogs chasing deer before? I have a few on my property that keep showing up and chasing deer around! Talk to the owner they didn't do anything...any help?

2. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have any livestock on the property

3. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You mean " big coyotes ". there open year round

4. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just be careful if you got that route. You could get in some big trouble. At least that's what was advised my BIL by a warden.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have found that a Daisey red rider is a pretty effective deterrent and non lethal.

6. Darin

Darin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tell the neighbor you have guys or a kiddo hunting small game or yotes.. Explain that it may not be a good idea and you would hate to see something bad happen. If that doesnt work well do what you have to do..

Taking care of anothers dog wouldnt be my first choice... Could try talking to the local warden but then relations can get messy with the neighbor and could result in worse situations in the future

7. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    YES I have this problem. A neighbor, though I'm not 100% sure which one, lets his dogs roam the woods, even during gun season. Whoever it is, they're a moron because they could easily be shot by hunters. None are collared and I had them spook a doe that I was actively about to shoot. I hate that I might have to take action on them because it's the owners fault, not the dogs, but it has come to that. There's about 5 total that roam my property.

8. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "SO FAR" we have been fairly lucky with this issue at the place we live now. I've casually mentioned to all of our neighbors that we hunt. We've only been here a year and a half.
    At my parents place in NE Missouri we've had this issue in the past. It was very random until the one day that I was leaving a stand, that I had been bow hunting in, after a wind shift to go hunt another location when this dog came out of no where to confront me. I just slowly changed directions to go another way to avoid the dog. The dog quickly ran around to block my path. Smart dog, bad choice. I turned the other way to go back in the direction that I had originally started. He ran back to get in front of me again. This time he showed his teeth and growled a little. I thought this was becoming a horror movie rather quickly. Remember, I said I was bow hunting............................

9. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got soft and cant shoot a dog anymore, but a lot of guys I know subscribe to shoot shovel and shut up.

10. biddsthewiz

biddsthewiz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There is livestock on the property but I'm haven't seen them chasing the cows.

11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Always best to go to the owner and let them know what is going on. Most states have Leash laws. If your State has leash laws and you are able, catch the dog and call the Dog Catcher. Hand him over to them and let it go from there.

12. buckshank

buckshank Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah!, my late great uncle had this problem once and I was just a tiny guy but I still remember the altercation between the dogs owners and the warden. The only thing I can say is make sure know one knows