Anywhere good to hunt in middle tn

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by jcherm, Apr 12, 2016.

1. jcherm

jcherm Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Moved to the Clarksville/Ft Campbell area right before hunting season, and was hoping Ft Campbell would offer would offer good opportunities... Not so much

Any suggestions on where to hunt in Middle TN?

Thanks in advance

John

2. TopPin

TopPin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ft Campbell is about as good as it gets!

3. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I work in Clarksville, was stationed at Campbell from 2001-2008, get your butt to the MWR and hunt out there. Some of the biggest deer hang out back there. Sometimes it can be a pain to get a spot, but if you are active duty you should get first dibs. Cheatham County WMA is not bad, I have not hunted it much, but there are some good opportunities there.

In Cheatham County. 20,810 acres. Good deer and turkey hunting. Good squirrel hunting. Regenerating clear cuts, lots of standing hardwood, big and small foodplots, a checking station and a firearm range are included in this WMA. See hunting guide for more information. Directions: From Ashland City, take Hwy 49 toward Charlotte. Cross the river and continue four miles to Hwy. 250. Turn left onto Hwy 250 and go four miles to the WMA entrance, on your left. The check station is three miles from the entrance and maps are outside the check station. The firing range is on the left before you get to the check station and is open noon until dark daily.
    Manager: Randy Cromer (615) 792-4510

- See more at: https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/region-2-wmas#sthash.qYYFMH1J.dpuf

Cedar Hill Swamp WMA is just outside Montgomery County, not big, I have not hunted it yet, but may try a few afternoons after I leave work.

In Robertson County. 200 acres. Small WMA, but open with statewide seasons. Sometimes holds ducks. See hunting guide for more information. Directions: From Springfield, take Highway 41 ten miles to the town of Cedar Hill. Turn left and go one mile through town. Turn left onto Goodman Road. Goodman Road ends on the WMA.
    Manager: Randy Cromer (615) 792-4510
    - See more at: https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/region-2-wmas#sthash.qYYFMH1J.dpuf

I see you are from R.I., I am originally from South East Connecticut, and still have family up there.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/region-2-wmas

4. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was stationed at Fort Campbell from 2007-2011...Great hunting all year around... the back 40 on fort Campbell is awesome