Traditions, routines, and rituals

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by doepatrol, Dec 19, 2016.

1. doepatrol

doepatrol Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Since the seasons are slowly winding down, and people like myself are already preparing for next year. I want to hear everyone's yearly hunting traditions, rituals, beliefs, and habits. I will go first.
    1. Every year the night before opening day of bow season I always watch Escanaba in da moonlight.(best hunting movie ever)
    2. I always hunt opening day regardless of weather.
    3. I shower with scent away body wash from season start to season end every shower every time even if I'm not hunting that day or that week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rituals and routines for me go way beyond deer hunting. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch 5 days a week or when I am not traveling. As far as rituals that apply to hunting my scent control is the same every time. I would not consider hunting without showering first no matter the wind. I set up my garage like a world series locker room with plastic up. I lay out all my cleaning and recovery tools. I put new mantles in the gas lantern every year before I hunt. I also break out the old disc, but with the music on youtube the disc is no longer needed. I have to listen to Ice T Colors before the season starts (it is an old college tradition)

3. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would have pictured you as more of an Ice Cube fan :)

4. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same #2 and #3 actually! Another one is always having nutter butters in the stand with me opening day. They just prove year and year they bring the deer, they're good luck and tasty. I always watch an episode of bowhunt or die before every hunt now that I started this year so gotta keep that going next year and make it a tradition for me and my brother before we go out just to get us pumped even more to go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. joshfletcher

joshfletcher BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    For me i have to have a bottle of sundrop in my pack! bad mojo for fletch with no sundrop!!!!

6. joshfletcher

joshfletcher BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    O and i cant believe i forgot... if im lucky enough to get a deer i jam to Fred Bear by sweaty uncle teddy when im driving out of the woods.:rock:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. Excalibur

Excalibur Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have to hunt opening day of bow no matter what. I will also listen to Fred Bear while driving out on each trip, helps to get me in the mind set I guess, being doing it since I was a young lad in Michigan. I also will usually carry a sandwich bag full of peanuts to snack on and coffee.

Your neighborhood Bow Hunter