Trackr GPS tags for hunting?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by sethf11, Dec 1, 2016.

1. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just looking at this new thing that is fairly new. They are coin sized GPS devices that you can attach to any item and the smartphone uses an app that can track the GPS coins.

I'm thinking of all the uses for hunting this could have. Attach them to a treestand to find in the dark. Attach them to trail cameras. Attach them to anything.

I use an app on my phone where I physically tag the locations but imagine the endless things you could do with this.

Here is what these things are.
    I'm not plugging this at all. Just curious if anyone thinks it would be worth it and what to use it for. I love technology and using it to my advantage.

Track your phone, wallet, keys & anything else with TrackR!

2. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have thought about these. The range is only 100 feet though so not too useful if trying to find a stolen item. With crowd GPS if anyone else using these it sends a note to you about its location. Might help but how many around me are using this to make it helpful?

3. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are some that are cloud based and others can pick them up so if you mark it stolen someone else may be able to locate it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I said; "crowd GPS"