Ozonics Question...

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by BigHackAttack, May 26, 2016.

1. BigHackAttack

BigHackAttack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, if you haven't listened to the ninefinger podcast on ozonics... it's a good one. I never thought I would actually think about spending the cash for one, but it was convincing. One question (okay...two): 1. Does the ozone generating mechanism wear out? 2. If so, how often does it need replaced and what is the cost for that?

Thanks,

BHA (BigHackAttack)

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. IOU1

IOU1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good question, as i'm curious of this also!

3. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A well-cared-for unit should provide 3-5 years of service with the following caveats:

Remember the unit is designed for hunting “in the field”. We acknowledge it can be used for other purposes, but this will impact the life of the unit if used routinely for deodorizing your hunting clothes, house, auto odors, etc.
    Should the hunter desire, the unit can be refurbished to “like new” condition for $79.99.

That is from ozonics website. They have a FAQ link in the top left corner if your interested in reading the other questions. Hope this helps

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have an ozone machine not ozonics (would not consider bringing one hunting) I have had it a couple years and I use the machine almost daily from deodorizing the dog/mudroom even used it to treat the water garden before I put the koi in. The machine just keeps working.

5. BigHackAttack

BigHackAttack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks pitzer25... appreciate the response. For now, I plan on a very stringent scent eliminating regiment and using a Scent Purge to ozone my hunting clothes. Someday when I get my very own hunting show and making millions targeting 200 class deer, maybe then I'll spurge. Or when I win the powerball?

Thanks,

BHA

6. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are expensive, which was the main reason I held off on purchasing one. A buddy kept telling me these stories he was having of deer downwind of him while he was using his Ozonics. It really surprised me 'cause he is the guy that does not put a lot of effort into his scent reduction protocol! He let me take it on a week long public land hunt I took back in 2013. That trip made me a believer in the unit. I reduced my costs at home (cancelled satellite TV, reduced the AC usage in the Summer, lowered the thermostat in the winter, reduced going out to eat, etc...) and was able to afford the unit quickly.

I also use mine on my hunting gear and inside of my truck prior to many hunts. You still have to hunt intelligently, but it can really help if deer come from a direction you were not expecting like often happens during the rut!

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    WOW! I have been pondering getting one. I think I am going to pull the trigger this year and get one.

8. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with Sota on this. I'd rather do it at home, than have one extra thing to carry and go wrong on my hunt. Also isn't it bad for you to breathe?

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do some searches on here. There has been some good... Ah ...discussions on the product. A common theme I see is most, not all of those who used it have stated its effectiveness in many situations. On the on their hand most of its biggest detractors have never laid a hand on the unit.

10. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im not questioning its effectiveness but rather I don't want to have to carry it in the field. With my luck it would fall and hit me on the head right before i shoot.