One Last Hurrah

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by SheddingLightTravis, Feb 4, 2016.

1. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else struggle with keeping motivation to hunt up through the season? In previous years I've always wimped out and stopped bowhunting after the rut. It's cold. There's gun season. So I hang up the bow.

This year is different. I've been more excited about bowhunting this year after muzzleloader season than ever before. Motivation? Hunting with buddies. I've spent a good amount of time hunting solo the past few years. This year I've gotten serious about my video group called Shedding Light Outdoors so I've been in the woods tandem hunting/filming with my friends quite a bit. And it's been way more fun. I like the occasional solo hunt but I truly enjoy the comradery of hunting with friends.

And tomorrow is the last day I can now hunt. Yet I'm excited because I get to take a kid who's never hunted before and he's gonna play cameraman. I'm not expect stellar footage but I'm expecting him to get a taste of the woods waking up.

That's what's helped me through and motivated me to hunt clear through the season. What helps you stay motivated?

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've noticed that it's a littler easier to loose some motivation once there's some meat in the freezer.

Knowing tag soup is on the menu is a good motivator.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations on finding a good motivator. I just love being out there.

4. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    seeing any deer in general would be a nice motivator...the last few years it gets pretty tough sitting and not seeing anything, anywhere

5. JasonL

JasonL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Late season has been really good to me the last few years... but once I have a buck I do find it hard to be away from my family. This year is that way. This weekend is the last weekend in Ohio. I am planning on heading out to try to get a doe for the neighbor. He killed a big buck last year and stayed out of the woods because I hadn't gotten one last year. So I'm hoping to get him some meat.

6. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No luck today it we had a good time. The young boy got cold so we got down and did some walking. He learned what a rub was and also to watch your footing on the side of a hill. I heard branches breaking behind me and turned around to see him laying on his back. Good way to finish off the deer season.

7. Ks.hunter

Ks.hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt on a lease with my brother and cousin. we are constantly talking deer. its a good property and we usually see deer. my brother and I did not shoot a buck on that property this year but my cousin shot a real nice buck. what I really enjoy or keeps me motivated is the management of the property. everyone is on the same page and we pass smaller, younger bucks for the future.

8. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck!!

9. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    knowing that I have a tag to fill and the big bucks are somewhere around me and may show up any second. another motivator is thinking if I wasn't hunting I would have to go to work. yuk!!!