Ground blind stakes

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by MartinHunter, Jan 16, 2015.

1. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Over the last few years I find myself hunting more and more out of ground blinds.. The problem is the stakes that come with them stink, they are hard to get into the ground sometimes and bend easily.. I started using these 10" Coleman tent stakes with no issues you drive them in with a mallet or hammer and they stay put... problem solved..and one less thing to worry about..

Attached Files:

2. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    things I like about ground blinds, there useful if u cant find a tree or theres no tree. Things I dont like about ground blinds, the strong wind blows it away unless u tie it around thin brushes around you, you got to let the deer or other animals to get used to it.

3. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I always stake and tie mine down it keeps them from moving in the wind.. as far a deer getting used to them try the round top ones it is a more natural shape.. I have put them up and hunted out of them the same day with little to no brushing it and had deer walk within a few yards, The square top ones seem to take a few days for the deer to get used to..