pop up blinds

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by 87simpleman, Nov 19, 2014.

1. 87simpleman

87simpleman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What pop up blind are yall using? I have been looking and every thing is older I'm looking to see if any new technology has come out? Of course bow friendly I'm picking one up friday. Thanks

2. Mnrecurve

Mnrecurve Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ameristep makes a good product. Well constructed. Don't go cheap, you get what you pay for.

3. 87simpleman

87simpleman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree I was looking at the primos xl. With the duration coat. They are asking about 150. Appears to have plenty of room. I just didn't want to spend 300 on the under armour one.

4. TarheelTurk

TarheelTurk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's many companies that IMO opinion makes quality, two which have been mentioned, I'm currently have a Baronett , my buddy just bought a I think big game redemption that nice as well it's windows are black on one side and it allows you to flip the black side out to allow the blind to be zipped up when not hunting in it and give the appearence of it being open which I thought was neat , I totally agree to go with good quality material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dbloomstrand

dbloomstrand Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Go with the Primos Double Bull if you're willing to drop money. It's the only blind I'll ever use now. The options for the windows to open and the ruggedness can't be beat. I have an old Ameristep that's lasted but everytime we get heavy snow it collapses on me and the zippers will get stuck. Plus after all these years sitting outside set up in the woods it still has that plastic/rubber smell to it. Go with the double bull if it's something you're using all the time you won't regret it.

6. mblenamo

mblenamo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the Ameristep and anyone that asks me, that's what I tell them. I've had some other brands but they fade and don't last. The Ameristep, IMO, is the way to go.

7. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is the ameristep doghouse a waste of money as a popup?

8. TarheelTurk

TarheelTurk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im not sure your height or size , but my buddy has one and it's small. Nothing wrong with ameristep at all either btw they make bigger & better than the doghouse

9. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Baronnet Big Mike XT! Tall and Wide makes it easy to move 360° and still be able to draw bow fully.

10. wisconsin bow hunter

wisconsin bow hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one and it's fine if your planning on shooting from a sitting position, as the windows are a little low for standing. I also wouldnt be wanting to sit with more then one person in the blind at a time. Now if feel more comfortable shooting while sitting, then it should be fine. Also as a reminder... dont wear camo when hunting from your blind... make sure you wear black...you'll blend in better with the backdrop.

11. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got one. Only downfall is you have to be so low in your blind in order to shoot a bow out of it. It can surely be done though. I'll actually be hunting out of mine tomorrow.

12. 87simpleman

87simpleman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I pick up the primos xxl, got it for 118 regular price 260. I had the double bull in my cart but when I saw the price of the xxl I couldn't complain I'm going to set it up tonight after work I'll let yall know how it works out

13. 87simpleman

87simpleman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I set up the pop up at 3 am. so obviously in the dark. took almost 30 sec. at most. and that thing is huge. the only thing that I do not like is the door it is really small. with my bow, stool, back pac. made it hard to get in. the pop up is deff. worth the money.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  14. rtolliver

rtolliver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Primos makes good blinds. Spend the money though. Cheap blinds don't last.

Double Bull Blinds

15. Revvv

Revvv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pop up blind that my baby brother is using this year. I chose to pin up some Mossy Oak 3D material to sit behind. I am set up behind a group of small bushes, so brushing in has been taken care of by nature. For a seat I use an old bucket with a foam pad tossed on top.

I have hunted on the ground more this year than I have from my climber. The warm temps have me concerned about sweating while climbing.

So far my cheap set up has served well. I have yet to harvest a deer, but not because they are not around. I am seeing plenty of deer, just not the "one" I am after.

I may harvest a doe this week to have some venison in the freezer.

16. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This.

Kilboars Hunt Club