kids dream hunt

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by TheChurchArchers, Oct 28, 2014.

1. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    dream2.jpg dream hunt.jpg Peyton Roth, who has cerebral palsy, killed this spike in Plain Dealing during the Dream Hunt Weekend on Oct. 11 with his guides, Tony and Shannon Nichols

Kids experience hunting, outdoors during Dream Hunt Weekend
    Sick, disadvantaged and terminally ill children get rare opportunity to spend quality time in the stand.

“For a lot us, our dream hunt is a 180-inch buck,” he said. “For these kids, their dream hunt is just to get in the outdoors and see a deer, and have the chance to shoot one.

“Whether it’s a small buck or a doe, it doesn’t matter. That’s really their dream come true.”

That became immediately apparent when the very first child he took hunting last fall broke down in tears after dropping a deer.

“I said, ‘What’s wrong? Why are you crying?’ He said, ‘You don’t understand, this is my dream and I finally got to do it.’

“It was emotional. I was like, ‘Wow, this is really it. It’s the real deal for these kids.” dream4.jpg

Love stuff like this it just truly blesses these kids to go hunting!!

2. Itswhatwedooutdoors6

Itswhatwedooutdoors6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. Matt53

Matt53 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome. Thank you Tony and Shannon and anyone else who helps these great kids live out their dreams.