Ozone products

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by bmegal, Sep 16, 2014.

1. bmegal

bmegal Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone use the Whitetailr ozone machine or any other ozone product on their clothing prior to hunting? I tried it out for the first time this weekend and I was winded from all angles by does and fawns.

All my clothes and boots were washed prior and were in a tub for a week with the machine on.

I've reach out to the company but just curious what you all experienced.

Brady

2. Whitetailfreak52

Whitetailfreak52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a ozone machine in a closet I built and have not been winded by a deer in two years. I try to hunt the wind as much as possible but sometimes the deer come in down wind. I think they work if used in the right way.

3. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a oxy-elimi-a-scent pro I use for my truck cab and they do work. But just because we take scent free showers, wash our hunting clothes with fancy scent free soaps and even use cool little ozone machines to help get rid of human odor it doesn't mean we are odorless. It all helps especially when a deer does get down wind but we can still get caught. Maybe the thermals in your hunting area didn't favor your setup or maybe the lay of the land swirls your wind. But no matter what we have to pay attention to the wind no matter how many steps we take to become as scent free as possible.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 WhitetailR 50’s and 2 of their 35’s. Ive been using them for 2 years and am very pleased with the results as it relates to deodorizing my gear (because that’s why I have them, I don’t take them into the woods with me) You may be expecting too much from the Ozone machine. You need to understand its limits. Its only going to remove the odors from your gear. But you are a scent/odor making machine. Your body is producing scent every second from your pours to your breath. Your head is like a chimney of human scent output. No doubt your ozone machine killed the odors on your gear but the minute you put on that gear it begins to take on your odor. Even if you have a strict human deodorizing regimen, you begin to foul the air the minute you put down the soap. You still have to play the wind and understand that the ozone only deodorized your gear, its is not a form of continuous odor eater while you’re wearing your camo.

Read this short article that just came out from Field and Stream to better understand the benefits of ozone and to understand there is no magic powers and that you still need to play the wind.

Does it Work? Ozone Scent Control vs. Drug-Sniffing Dog | Field & Stream

I follow this regimen

Use ozone on gear

Clean my body as best as I can

Hunt high

Play the wind

Don’t sit stands with the wrong wind

Have realistic expectations

Know that you are still going to get busted from time to time.