PSE or Mathews bows for hunting

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Jraut98, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Jraut98

Jraut98 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What is ur guys opinion on the best bow? Most accurate fps and power

2. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its all a matter of opinion. They are all equally deadly. Im completly unbiased when it comes to bows. I have shot a bear showdown, mathews switchback xt, and now a mission ballistic. I went into the shop and shot every bow in my price range and let the bow pick me instead of the other way around. I actually fell in love with the hoyt charger, until I got to the backwall. Then I shot the ballistic and it was everything that I wanted in a bow. My buddy on the other hands hates the feel of the ballistic. Get what you like

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot them both and see what you like best. Mathews has some great bows out and the PSE DNA is a nice bow too

4. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1 ^^^. I own a PSE Vendetta and a Mathews Drenalin. Both are great bows. My Mathews is smoother but the PSE is faster. Both are quiet and dead in the hand. Shoot the models that you like and then decide.

5. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    gee whats the darn diff?..they all do the same job! I have killed deer with a bear bow..i have killed deer with a pse..I have killed deer with a alpine bow...killed deer with a hoyt..killed deer with a Mathews..killed deer with a recurve..etc..etc..etc....I just don't understand the deal with "this bow is better than that bow because of this this and this...it"s quite ridiculous..6 years ago on my wma fella"s opening morning of rifle season I am toteing a 200.00 wal-mart special muzzleloader ok?...the other guys are toteing around 1,000.00 custom rifles...by 7am my buck was on the ground and everyone else for the rest of the day never killed a deer..it was funny I really p----- them boys off...I said to all of them standing there "well guys how are them custom rifles treating you"..then I loaded my buck up and left for the processing plant....point is....stop getting hung up on a brand just because its popular....no sense in it...

6. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    as long as it does the job its intended for..then its GOOD ENOUGH...big money bows and rifles to kill deer...im sorry...I just don't see it.....WASTE OF MONEY

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All bows are only as accurate as the person pulling the string, no name brand will replace practice

8. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Totally personal preference man, both are just a deadly as the next in he right hands. I personally am a Mathews guy because it was my first bow and i just think their bows look alot better, PSE's just look tacky to me but thats my opinion.

9. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Always thought pse made some of the ugliest bows, haven't shot one in years though.
    I love my creed, so mb I'm biased.

10. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yes it is personal preference..and being bias is nothing to be ashamed of...personally I have always thought Remington makes the most accurate rifle out of the box...to each of you fellows your own..and if you kill deer with whatever you shoot then that's all that matters ..personally I hope everybody has the greatest deer season of their lives on this forum....

11. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think hunting should be a "cheap" sport and that all bows can get the job done. You don't need a 2000 dollar setup to take a trophy. But that being said I shoot a Mathews Heli-m.

I looked around for awhile balancing speed, weight and awesome factor and most importantly price.

I was able to find a 1 year old used Heli-m for sale at my local shop. I shot it back to back with mission and newer creeds. Turns out I liked the way it felt and the fact its super lightweight. Picked up a 1000 dollar bow for half price and it is AMAZING

Best advice is go to a shop and shoot them. Check out the draw cycle, back wall, weight and see what fits you best

12. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Statistically Mathews wounds more deer while pse kills more deer

13. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    find a place that has both, try them both out, then pick the one that suits you. otherwise you will get nothing but opinion based on what is comfortable for other people to shoot or just fanboy responses (mostly those).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  14. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This might statistically be the case. And if so it can only be because there are so many more mathews in the woods than pse. Lol just messin by tha way. I like to agrivate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. StringFlinger18

StringFlinger18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like everyone else has said....shoot EVERYTHING!!!! Before I got my current bow, I was all about Hoyt and Matthews. They were the only bows that I wanted to look at because that's what all the big names shoot. I'm currently shooting an Elite and absolutely love the bow. Didn't even know there was a bow company called Elite until I shot my bow, but it felt the best out of any bow I had shot, fit me fit, was comfortable and is just as capable as any other bow on the market of killing an animal. Is it the fastest...nope. But I look at it this way....if a deer can duck my arrow that's pushing 270fps, that deer deserves to live another day. If it can't, it's coming home with me.

16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my word...twisting facts/statistics without any explanation of background behind them.

I love my Mission by Mathews...I love the Chill X so much I may just end up owning one next year Lord willing money wise but in response to the OP the following is always true:

If ANYONE tells you without a shadow of a doubt that bow X is better than bow Y....thank them and move along. There are far too many factors and personal preferences to tell anyone what the BEST bow is. Besides today's modern bows are separated by such small things they are all more alike than different.

17. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^Very Well Stated!^

It is all personal preference. Some people like a shorter brace height, some like a longer brace height. Some people are speed demons, some are not. Some people like Single Cam bows, some like Dual Cam bows. Shoot some from bith manufacturers and see what feels best to you!

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Statistically this is a stupid post.

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Statistically this stat is fictitious 50% of the time 100% of the time. :D

20. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pull Shoot Explode! and I am not talking about the deer!

Dads buddy had a PSE and after shooting it a dozen times the limbs literally exploded! PSE customer service said sorry about your luck and wouldn't help him out. This was back in the 90's but who knows if there customer service got better along with their bows.

Mathews for me, never been let down yet.