new property tactics

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by LilSiman/OH, Aug 20, 2014.

1. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The property I received permission to hunt this year is a small 20-25 acre woodlot behind a house that's part of a near 100 acre woodlot surrounded by houses, fields and unfortunately public hunting land. Most of the woods are very swampy and to the SE is a bean field with the public land to the East.

I've already ordered no trespassing signs to put up all around the property and the owners are letting me use their trail cameras to pattern deer.

This property is brand new to me and I was wondering if there's any tips to make my chances of seeing a some bucks greater. The guy that owns this property found a 150'' ten point two seasons ago while coon hunting, so I know there is good potential on this property. He told me he has seen a couple nice deer this year and a big ten with a drop tine.

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Food early season and bedding during the rut then food again late season, if you can scout with binos to see where deer are coming from. Best way to get to know your area is spend time out there. You may feel like your going in blind this year but you will learn A LOT this fall and next year will be that much better!