acorn rage buck bomb...spraying vanilla on a wma

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by raptorfx, Aug 16, 2014.

1. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    has anyone used the acorn rage buck bomb?..also, if im on a WMA and I spray vanilla, around do you guys think a C.O could accuse me of baiting?..not trying to ask a dumb question.....i really don't know....on the fence about both because im not sure if he could say its a food item

2. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tough to say but if its ok to hang scent wicks then I would believe its ok. What wma are you hunting?

3. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say it depends on how your regulations are written. Here in Pa food items or "food stuff" as it is worded in the regulations book, include actual solid items or scents that smell like food. So the Acorn Rage Bomb would be consider a food item, making it illegal to use.

4. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If they can or will eat it I say no. Scents I say fine.

5. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok I think with that being said, I will try the acorn rage bomb but NOT the vanilla extract

6. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Could always give the local one in the area you're planning on hunting a call and see what they say. I'm not sure how the CO would interpret the law for those so probably good to know right from the person who would have or not have a problem with it. The DNR officer in our area is extremely strict on technicalities and law to the point people have gotten out of stuff for him going overboard. On the other hand from talking to him at sports shows and stuff to me he seems pretty decent if not pushing grey areas of laws. If you check right with them too then you won't have to worry at all on what could come from it since you'll know.

7. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    just spoke with my local C.O...HE SAID IT IS ILLEGAL TO USE ANYTHING CONSIDERED FOOD BASED LIKE VANILLA EXTRACT..SO I GUESS THE BUCK BOMB VANILLA IS THE SAME WAY....HE SAID IF I USE IT THEY WOULD CONSIDER THAT ENTICEING OR LUREING DEER TO MY STAND AND, IM GETTING A TICKET....SO I AM NOT ALLOWED TO USE EITHER ONE

8. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear you double checked. Well worth the quick call to make sure.

9. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I consider double checking to be a very very responsible thing to do...after all I believe ethics are very important to OUR SPORT

10. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I found this on the Kentucky fish and wildlife page. They keep it vague and vanilla extract and food flavored scents could fall under that definition. Good thing you called but you should be able to use estrus and other forms of scent since it's not food based. Good luck.

Bait: A substance composed of grains, minerals, salt, fruits, vegetables, hay, or any other food materials, whether natural or manufactured, that may lure, entice, or attract wildlife, but does not include the establishment and maintenance of plantings for wildlife, foods found scattered solely as the result of normal agricultural planning or harvesting practices, foods available to wildlife through normal agricultural practices of livestock feeding if the areas are occupied by livestock actively consuming the feed on a daily basis, or standing farm crops under normal agricultural practices.

11. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

12. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep so glad I double checked...but am I going to use deer scent..yep..that sure as shootin aint food based...lol