Scentblocker losing more clients....

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by trvsmarine, Jul 7, 2014.

1. trvsmarine

trvsmarine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow just saw on facebook that Bone Collector just joined up with Scentloc ! First the Drurys leave scentblocker and now the brotherhood ???? Wtf is going on at scentblocker

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I keep getting emails from them saying they arent doing well. They have me on some pro staff mailing list. They have been going downhill for over a year now.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    More $ no matter what you wear you HAVE to play the wind, if not you are a fool

4. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe "Carbon Alloy" is better than "Trinity"? I thought they were essentially the same technology.

Either way, I've utilized a combination of both brands to harvest mature bucks dead downwind at 20 yards. Where I hunt, you can't "play the wind" b/c the wind direction shifts all the time.

5. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im with you there uncljohn, here in FL between the heat, humidity, and ever shifting winds....its not as simple as "hunt the wind." You do your best to hunt the stands with the most favorable wind, but the wind is liable to shift directions several times or more during the course of a hunt. Ive been using them for a couple years now and i have not been dissappointed, of course with that said i follow an extremely strict scent control process.

6. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have had both brands of clothing, but the Scentblocker jackets "fit" me better for some odd reason. I can't say one "works" better than the other though! Like stated above, try to play the wind as much as possible to YOUR advantage.

7. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It could also be that Drury's and Bone Collector's are getting a little better "compensation" for joining the Scent Lok team. 9/10 times money is the answer.

I'm ready for Scent blocker's price to go down so I can buy some :D

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Actually 9 out of 10 times money isn't the answer.

9. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    How do you figure? Not saying in this case it's the right guess and also not saying that money is the right moral answer. Just saying that money drives this society and A LOT of decisions made.

10. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All I know is the Bass Pro Archery Catalogue had 4 pages of ScentLok, and zero pages of ScentBlocker.

Cabelas does still have a few pages of ScentBlocker items (Cabela's brand).

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Crap....my Scentlok crap will probably go up in price because it will be freaking "bone collector" marked.

12. BOWHUNTANDLIVE

BOWHUNTANDLIVE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like scentblocker....and I try like hell to find lost camo..I know it's out there but who has it? Not that it matters what camo pattern I use....I just think I can hide from other hunters better than I can hide from deer...

13. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check out gamehide...all my lost camo is from them...their suits are great and super quite! I have the Gridlock Suit, Wicked Light pants and wicked reversible long sleeve, and will be buying the Monster Bibs and jacket soon for the late season. Stuff is great I love it!

14. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gamehide is Awesome! I have bought a lot of things from them.

15. trvsmarine

trvsmarine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cowboys chris the Drurys went to Under Armour. Which I'm suprised Bone Collector didnt go with Under Armour. There gear is way better than scentlok. Dont know about the scent elimination part of it but the material itself is better. I also agree it dont matter what you hunt or where you hunt, play the wind !!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    We've had this discussion many times before so I won't go into detail again, but rest assured that neither party in a deal like this really wants to part ways. It's bad for both sides as clearly evidenced by this thread. What everyone always assumes is that Company A offered to pay X dollars for a celebrity to use/promote their products and Company B offered them some amount greater than X. Having been on both sides of these agreements for quite some time now I can tell you it's never that clear cut.

In some cases the company is simply unhappy with the services being rendered by the promoter and cuts ties with them.

In some cases the company is unhappy and wants to either reduce the amount of money spent or increase the amount of services the promoter is rendering and the promoter leaves.

In some cases the company simply has to make budget cuts and the promoter is not renewed.

In some cases new people are hired at the company to make marketing decisions and they decide to not renew the promoter's contract.

In some cases the promoter is not happy with the company's products, services, personnel or other misc items and decides to leave on their own. Often times for the same or at even less money.

Yes, it is possible that a promoter would leave for more money elsewhere. However when that happens money is NEVER the only reason. Believe it or not this hunting industry is very small and everything is built on personal relationships. Loyalty and friendship go a long way.

17. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:

I see all your examples as valid possibilities. In light of the chance that my statement came off as an absolute rather than a suggestion of thought then I'll correct my wording. Rather, until it is made known the true reasoning on why the teams left then only assumption and educational guesses can be made.

As well, not to stray anything else away from the OP's objective of this post I'll make this short and sweet to sum it up. "9/10 answers end with money" doesn't have to be as clear cut as Company B giving the celebrities more money, it can also be classified under 3/5 of your cases given above. (i'm not going to get in a ratio war here) just saying a great deal has to do with money in very broad areas, whether it be better for a company to cut ties like you said for varies reasons or as clear cut as the celebrities received more money.

The sad fact of reality is any decision made in a business now-days face the question "is this hurting the future goals or accomplishing them". Does money not pop up in the discussion in a lot of those future goals? Of course it does, probably 9/10 times (meaning the majority of time). And yes i'm generalizing Bone Collectors the celebrities as a business because who they represent can effect the actual Bone Collector business and future plans of it.

Does this makes sense or am I missing your whole point?