Boots???

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by chief1, Mar 29, 2014.

1. chief1

chief1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im looking for a nice pair of hunting boots. I was looking at getting some Lacrosse boots but as I went to bass pro shop to get them I noticed they were not insulated or very thinly insulated. But they were a rubber type (cuts down on scent). These almost seem like a early season style where temps are not too bad. I then got to looking at some other types but they were leather and like cloth material which I'm not sure of because of again scent control. So my question is what's your favorite brand of hunting boots?? Im looking for a good all season boot. Early season warm weather but also something that will help keep me warm during those late November / December months

2. arrowjunkie

arrowjunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love my Lacrosse aeroheads. Most comfortable boots I have ever owned and super lightweight! I bought the 3.5mm Neoprene style and sat during a late bow hunt here in VA in 15 degree temps with a pair of thick socks and some regular socks underneath and not once were my feet cold. Great pair of boots. going to be hard to beat!

3. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    MUCK Woody Elite... by far the best boots I have ever purchased for hunting. I just wear a light sock and have never had cold feet (and I'm a sitter - I'll sit for hours in the same spot waiting to ambush a deer).

Catalog Detail - Woody Elite

4. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out under armours line. They recently came out with some nice boots. They fully stand behind there products as well.

5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Muck boots - Woody Elite also and use them year around. I have been using them for about 8-9 years now and I am only on my 2nd pair.

6. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've always been a fan of Lacrosse, and they do have a full lineup for all weather conditions. I have been thinking seriously about making the move to a pair of Muck boots though from what I hear about the comfort and good grip/traction(my brother made the switch last year). For early season/warmer it's tuff to beat the Lacrosse Grange ankle fit(if they even make them anymore?)....knee highs and hip waders. I used them for forestry work when running lines(crossing lot's of beaver ponds and swamps) as well.

7. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only one pair of boot will ever be on my feet again...

If you walk a lot and do lots of stalking, this is the one.

Maine Hunting Boots

Maine Hunting boots.jpg