Truck Cap Question

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bmiller23, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Bmiller23

Bmiller23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys i just ordered a fiberglass cap (topper) for my truck so i can keep my gear dry on trips and just generaly keep my gear organized in one place during the season. So my question is how do you guys that have them keep the inside organized? Dividers or what? I was gonna build somthing to keep all my gear organized and safe but need a few ideas. So if you have any suggestions or even pics would be better that would be great.

Thanks in advance, B.Miller

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont have a topper on my truck but i use plastic bins to sort out my stuff they work pretty well. I have 2 bins in the back seats with the more important things in those bins. then everything else under my cover and in the bed of the truck.

3. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a topper and it seems I get it organized and that will last one outing. Now I just throw whatever I think I'll use in there and go. It is different every outing anyway. Maybe I am just a hopeless slob. I wouldn't go without a topper though.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I let it all roll around it the back.
    Just kidding. I use the Rubbermaid tubs and footlockers.

sent from my electronic carrier pigeon

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Put a piece of wood going across the bed of the truck so that way you can reach everthing without getting in the bed. So about 2-3 ft deep in the bed. then i use bungee cords to keep them from sliding too much.

6. archery20

archery20 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tend to go overkill when packing, and have er filled front to back with gear. Then if I get a deer I put it on a tarp, cuz I hate cleaning out the blood and pack everything like the plastic tubs on and around the deer.

7. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use bins in the priusV but everything is easy to get to because there are four doors + the hatch. heh heh heh. ;)

In my truck I had a thin piece of plywood on the bed, I could pull the plywood to get to stuff further back. ....Most of the time.... I also had rhino bed liner which keeps things from rolling around too much. I had a small tote in there for smaller stuff. Still, it's a bloody disorganized mess. (and has been since about a week after I bought in 2000. LOL.) On the upside, I could probably live in it for a month with all the stuff I have in there.

But my prius kicks my trucks butt when it comes to getting to my stuff.