Funny Hunting Stories

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by BlondeGuy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. BlondeGuy

BlondeGuy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm collecting funny hunting related stories for a chapter in a possible publication. These stories can be true stories or not, just as long as they are funny.

Please post them on this forum thread so we can all enjoy them and if they are used, I will contact the poster/author about publishing.

Thanks guys, I've been around enough camp fires to know y'all have some really good ones.

BlondeGuy

2. BlondeGuy

BlondeGuy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any takers.... Gotta be some good stories out there.

3. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I moved in with my cousin into a house on a lake. We had never done any duck hunting before, but a new opportunity presented itself. He bought some calls and would practice on his hour drive to work. He bought decoys, calls, and a floating gun case. Soon we were exploring new places to duck hunt, including a river. There was private land with public access. After a successful morning of hunting the river we waded back to the truck. Kurt barely finished saying, “I wonder if this gun case floats with a gun in it”, when he tripped on a rock and basically dove into the river. He didn’t float, but the gun case sure did.

4. Obsessed1

Obsessed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a group of local rednecks that loved to road hunt so I thought I'd have some fun. I carried my 3D deer target about 300 yards from the road and set it up with a safe back stop and plainly visible. All I will report is that it was extremely entertaining to watch three separate trucks pull up and empty thier guns on it. One yahoo shot off the hood of the truck several times and I heard him, from the safety of my observation point behind them, screaming and cussing. Come to find out he shot a real nice crease in his hood with a 7mm STW he wasn't to happy about. Miraculously, the target only suffered minor injuries.;)

5. MichiganYoungBlood

MichiganYoungBlood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my buddy and i went walking about 600 yards into the woods. we start calling for turkeys and soon got gobbling back. we had seen where they roosted the night before and we were not to far from them. i began calling and the gobbling got closer and closer.we sat for 20 minutes while i called. soon enough the tom got real close to where we were sitting. my buddy whispered behind me that he could see a red head coming. about 30 seconds later the tom comes in at 20 yards. he was a beard dragger and i waited for my buddy to shoot. click.... the ding dong forgot his shells.....

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    The following 2 are basically 2 jokes my father played on 2 of his buddies while we were on Gun Hunting trips in Northern, Wi at the hotel.

My father had this automatic coffee maker set so it would start brewing before we would awake. We'll one morning the maker starts doing its thing and my dads friend hears this and jumps up out of bed and into the shower. Myself I;m laying there and it seems awfully early as I can barely open my eyes. Well anyways Bill finally finishes comes out and starts pouring his coffee. He takes a sip then all of a sudden, SOB!!!!
    My father busts out laughing and I roll back over like what had just happen only to see that it is 2:15 AM. My father knew Bill would get right up and had set the coffee maker to do this. Needless to say we never went back to sleep after this and just enjoyed some quality time with laughter. They both passed away 4 months apart back in 2007 and I am sure they are still enjoying this one from up above.

2nd time my fathers friend Chris came up for the first time at this same Hotel up in Northern, Wi. Just so you know we have 2 beds and a cot in this room with Chris in the bed in the middle. Well we get back from the opening day hunt and were not beat to bad like we are after a few days into the season. We all get into bed and watching tv and all of a sudden the TV goes off. Dad goes to Chris can you see what the hell is wrong with that TV my neck hurts. Well Chris gets up and pushes the on button and the TV turns back on. He starts to crawl back into bed and while he does this the volume all of a sudden doesn't work. So dad being dad asks chris to get back up and check it out this time saying since your the new guy. Chris pushes the volume back up and get back into bed again. See back then the TV's up there didnt have the Volume level meter. So were watching tv a bit and the damn TV goes off again and Chris does his thing and this goes on a couple more times. Finally TV goes off one last time and he says Im not getting up and fixing the M.F. Dads says come on one last time so Chris gets up and im looking at Dad and he winks at me. Chris turns the TV and has he turns around Dad pulls the remote from out under the blanket and Chris yells you C.S. Me and my father are in tears of laughter at this time. Good Times!!

I have one more and it is at this same hotel.
    It was probably 1986 or 1987 and ive been on a bad streak for a few years on getting a buck up in the Northwoods. Back then you had to apply for a hunters choice permit and if you didnt get one it was buck only. I failed for 3 years in a row to get a doe permit. Well every year my 2 uncles like to come up the Wed before Thanksgiving day and hang out with us out in the woods. We'll Thanksgiving giving day morning we all sleep in then go down to the hotel restaurant and have breakfast. Finally its about 10AM and we decide to hit the woods. I walk out of my hotel room door and to my great surprise their it is a buck stuck to the bumper of my truck. Probably the biggest buck anyone would ever get up in the northwoods. The bastages had taken about 300 feet of rope and tied this cardboard buck to my bumper and wrapped my truck up with the rest of the rope that was left. To this very day they still say 'Tony still has the biggest buck in the northwoods'. Gotta love family!

I have a few more but I will save them for another time.
    I guess I just answered the 'Is hunting competive to you thread'' Actually it is between me and my brothers and it should be thats how brothers are.

T

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  7. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Goose hunting a field often requires someone to get up rather early, spend some active moments setting decoys and brushing blinds and then finally laying down and waiting for shooting hours. As daylight breaks, the anticipation of the hunt tends to bring a serious mood and alertness to the group. However as the the flocks start to thin out, the air begins to warm and the adrenaline that fueled the morning begins to wane. It is at this point that the effect of waking up early starts to have an affect on everyone in the group and one of the other hunters in particular. Before too long, snoring can be heard from one of the blinds and one of the others comes up with an ingenious idea. A zip-tie, plentiful amongst goose hunters for brushing up blinds, is produced and tied securely around the two tubular steel pipes where the doors of the laydown come together. Not too much later, a flock is seen in the distance and the others begin to call them in. The sleepy hunter, now cocooned in his blind begins to wake up and the first disgruntled statements can be heard as he realizes his predicament. As the geese set their wings and begin to land and the call goes up to "Cut'em" is heard, the captive hunter can now be heard loud and clear as his voice raises and his speech turns to insults and coarse language. After the geese have been rounded, the zip-tie is cut and the remainder of the hunt is filled with laughter at the expense of the drowsy friend.

This truly happened and is one of the funniest experiences I have ever had. The people involved were still giving the guy crap about it a month later.