Sweatin' in ca!!!!

Discussion in 'West' started by Hillbilly Jedi, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow SOB! It's supposed to be 108 here today, tomorrow and Friday! Won't start to cool off to the mid 90's for another week! I really hope it cools off a little for deer season!

2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's crazy hot out here. Hard to be motivated to shoot

3. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's never to hot to shoot!! Just bring a couple gallons jugs of half ice, half water. Should give you a solid 15 minutes of hydration.

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    I just went in the backyard to shoot. Been having a little trouble holding on target. Took off my heavy *** stabilizer and my shooting improved a ton holding on target. But it's already 95 degrees out and even with a patio umbrella for shade, it's too freaking hot. shot 6 arrows before sweat was dripping off the brow. High today is 104 so it's actually cooling off a little considering it was 108 the last 3 days in a row. Supposed to be below 100 all next week so can't wait. Where are you at Theleo?

5. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    But its a dry heat right???? Spent some time years ago working in Fresno and Modesto during the summer. Yeah it was damn hot.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    It is dry but when we only get slight breezes here an there, it's just plain hot. Even the breeze is hot. I might try getting in the pool, jumping out, shoot a couple arrows and then back in the pool. It's about the only thing you can do to stay cool. My electric bill has been through the roof the last 2 months. Both were right at $600. Thank goodness we are having solar installed in a week or two!