CO hunting

Discussion in 'West' started by lgordon711, Oct 13, 2014.

1. lgordon711

lgordon711 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most likely I will be moving to the Denver area at the beginning of the year. Where is the best place to find information on hunting like where to hunt and when and how to get tags and things.
    Thanks

2. mike387

mike387 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I have done some research on some of the state hunting websites but its kind of hard to figure out general good spots and things of that nature to focus on hunting.

4. Dcmcmill

Dcmcmill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    lgordon711 - did you figure out your tags/draw stuff? it can be difficult! i was a newby last year and spent more time on my applications that I did on my first mortgage. PM me if you need some insight, I got some help from a few guys on here last year that were fantastic!

talk to ya,
    dustin

5. huntindog45

huntindog45 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Get involved in an archery club...start putting some miles on your rig.. get to know some people in the area...find and area you know you can get a tag in a d start taking some day trips.

6. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    Wow I forgot I even made this post. Update then I moved to denver and am excited about hunting. I decided to take a year off because of vacation at work. Its gonna be hard to go from hunting 4 days a week for 2mo straight last year to nothing. The good thing about Colorado is there is lots of other things to do. I did get to shoot my bow yesterday my yard is exactly 30 yards. I will try some of your guys tips for next year and start early preparing.