They finally admit it's their religion

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MartinHunter, Mar 5, 2015.

1. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For them, the MAN MADE global warming scare has a mystical allure. Outgoing Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Chairman Rajendra Pachauri is one of these disciples.

Pachauri resigned this week from his cushy U.N. job after a female researcher lodged a sexual harassment complaint against him [which had been on going]in his home country, India. In his letter of resignation, he explained why he did what he did at the U.N.

"For me, the protection of planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma."

And all this time we were supposed to believe that global warming and climate change were about rigorous science.

Pachauri's admission merely confirms what we have said for years. The zealots have concocted a warming religion .

This is an observation also made by Czech President Vaclav Klaus, who told a gathering at the Cato Institute in fall 2009 that all of environmentalism, not just the climate-change belief system, "is a religion."

University of Wisconsin law professor Ann Althouse made a similar remark a year later. "When everything is evidence of the thing you want to believe, it might be time to stop pretending you're all about science," she wrote in her blog.

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    wow...

talk about taking something out of context :lol:

3. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought you said you were going to be good, :argue:

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ya.. thats religion and politics AND climate change all in one LOL

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap, LOL

MartinHunter should take over Cobert show, he'd be awesome and I would watch.

6. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry...it's raining I can't go for my walk and I am bored..lol

but I do think man made global warming is pure BS we are such an insignificant blip on this big blue marble it's not even funny and to think we can affect climate change is arrogant on our part...

I do believe that earth warms and cools naturally over time..

There are those who have who knows what to gain who have actually changed the climate data at the EPA in the records to reflect that it was colder years ago then now to try a say it's getting a lot hotter now, this has been proven and is public record now and can be easily googled.

Of course you can also find data that says they are not....

who to believe who to believe?..lol

7. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I beg to differ I feel this more of a human issue whether you are the left or the right Christian, Muslim, Jew or atheist it will affect all of us in one way or another if they get their way.. Some try and politicize it and as far as a religion it's not one I want any part of I don't worship mother earth...

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The holes in the ozone layer were letting the heat out. Global warming is a lie.

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heh, I think most will agree there is a hidden agenda behind it and most of their supporting data has been found to be fudged, but when they called it "their religion" they didn't mean they worship mother earth. Saying it's their "religion" is a term used to signify that it's their belief system about the environment. Hence, out of context.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Largest volume of greenhouse gas is water vapor, I am very anti evaporation.

11. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^This. There is no indication of any kind of worship here. Agreed out of context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have been really watching the sun for the last few years. I believe it has far more to do with climate change then the climate change zealots will give it credit for, the surface of the sun has been very active as of late...

another issue.........that will affect many..

"New analysis shows that the coal industry is in for some tough years ahead, as more than 280 coal-fired generating plants are slated to be shut down in part due to stricter Environmental Protection Agency regulations.

The American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, a partnership of industry groups, reports that the number of coal plants slated for shutdown is fives times greater than the EPA predicted would be forced to shut down due to its regulations.

Coal-fired electric generating plants will be shut down across 32 states, with the hardest hit states being Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana, according to the coalition.

“Regrettably, the number of coal units being forced to close continues to grow,” said Mike Duncan, president and CEO of ACCCE, in a statement. “Yet, EPA continues to downplay the damage its regulations are causing to the U.S. economy and to the many states that depend on coal for jobs and affordable electricity.”

The list of coal plants slated for shutdown has been expanding rapidly since last summer ."

just where do the suggest you will be getting your electricity form...

13. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We should protest volcanic eruptions

14. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    many of you are missing the point this is not religion as we all know and understand religion to be.

his own words

"For me, the protection of planet Earth, the survival of all species and sustainability of our ecosystems is more than a mission. It is my religion and my dharma."

Dharma refers to the religious ethics as propounded by Hindu gurus in ancient Indian scriptures.

so yes it is "HIS" religion....

15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, and due to the fact that he believes that humans are causing global warming, he is following his personal and religious ambitions of protecting the earth. See how that works? Its all about the context.

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very interesting... I guest it depends on the definition of religion?
    From that context, bowhunting could be a religion..
    T

18. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Burning fossil fuels has no effect on the climate of the planet. There's nothing in the Bible about dinosaurs, so they can't possibly exist. Obama is the anti-Christ. You see, simple logic.

19. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah...uhm...fossil fuels really aren't from dinos but I can certainly agree with your second point. :lol:

20. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: