Disney help

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Mar 1, 2015.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What time of year is the best to go to Flordia and Disney? I hate pulling the kids out of school an entire week. I also hate the idea of going during the summer and this northern boy dying in the heat. The crowds associated with Xmas or Spring break would suck as well. I'm thinking January/Feb would be the best time from a vacatoin standpoint. Or is early June not that bad heat wise?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been to fl. A bazillion times and ive been to Disney about the same... February early march is the best time in my opinion

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my buddies went down toward the end of May or beginning of June last year and they seemed to enjoy it. Also had know someone who just went last week and said it was actually kinda cold. I would agree the heat would suck but idk if I'd want to go down in January or February having the chance of it being cool enough to haveta run around in a jacket or coat the whole time. Other than that can't really say never been there.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ever been there early June? How bad is it?

5. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hot and crowded

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do a lot of people go right after school gets out like I am considering? So it will be real crowded?

7. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last time we went was 2 years ago in second week of september. Was pretty nice out not to hot and it was kinda busy but not to bad at all got on all the rides pretty quickly. This year were goin first week of may and will be goin to magic kingdom and universal. If i remember ill let you know how it is.

8. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From my exp, yes.

9. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We are headed there in two weeks during spring break. It's going to be crazy busy but this and Christmas week is only time we could go so here we are.

Edit: the last time we were there we asked some people there what is the slowest time of year and they said the last couple weeks of September are pretty dead. Parent don't want to pull their kids out of school that soon after the school year starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  10. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have a thread about sex offenders living next door yet so many of you pack up your kids and take them right to where the perverts live and work.
    Click out this map of Orlando, FL! Neighborhood Watch Sex Offender Map | CriminalWatchDog

And think about taking your kids to Yellow Stone instead.

11. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was at universal studios 3 weeks ago. We went the week before school vacation as the flights were half the price and knowing this was the last year we could get away with pulling the kids from school for a whole week. The weather was fair, around 68-70 everyday. Lines were not bad either. We went two Disney twice when the kids were younger. First time was second week of march and the other time was last week of February. The weather difference was amazing second week of March was hot, the last week of February was cold, I remember going to a water park and it was just not quite hot enough to really enjoy it. That is my experience.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I miss my kids being young, I do not miss the Disney adventures.

13. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I wish. My wife wants to do the disney thing once. Yellowstone is next on the list once they get a little older. I have little interest in the Disney thing and there are about 1000 places I would rather go. I'm not fighting this battle because I won't win. Sometimes you just find a wood stick to bite on and take it.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was lucky my parents have a place in Florida, they wanted to bring the kids to Disney, I said have at it. I did have to go with to ebcot and seaworld but it was in small daily doses not a week straight.

15. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Be advised they just had a rate increase ...

When I was a kid we used to go in the RV and stay at the fort wilderness campground I spent more time fishing then I did at the magic kingdom..lol

Disneyland Resort announced it will raises ticket prices as well, also going into effect on June 2.

One-Day Base tickets and Magic Your Way tickets

A one-day Base park ticket (no Park Hopper) for entry into Magic Kingdom will cost $95 for adults (ages 10 and up) and $89 for children (ages 3 – 9). The other three parks will cost $90 for adults and $84 for children. These prices reflect an increase from $89 for adults and $83 for children.

Note: Prices listed for these tickets and other do not include tax. Children under the age of three years do not require a ticket.

Prices on multi-day tickets, what Walt Disney World calls Magic Your Way (MYW) tickets, also increase. MYW tickets are priced so that the more days that are purchased the lower the daily cost. With the new price increase, a two-day Base ticket will cost $184 for adults ($92 per day) and $172 for children ($86 per day). A 10-day Base ticket will cost $339 for adults ($33.90 per day) and $332 for children ($32 per day).

Adding the Park Hopper option or a Water Parks and More option to one Base ticket adds $59, an increase from $28.50. Adding both the Park Hopper and Water Parks and More options add $84, up from $57.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So instead of charging an arm and a leg they are increasing to 2 arms and a leg?

17. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    September/October/November are usually the best months. It's not hot and it is not crowded. The new prices did go in effect already ($105 a ticket), but if you book right through the Disney site you can do payments and have it paid in full 45 days before you go. All inclusive is definately the way to go. Most of the time they have all food included and then you can get the fast-pass for the rides. Let me tell you, it is not fun waiting in line for two hours to get onto Space Mountain (or any other ride).

We always went in November - (around Thanksgiving) - which was nice because they had the huge Disney parade. Not sure if they still do the parade, now.

18. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    in 1975 we were and my sister and I got picked to be in the parade, she rode on a coach of some kind.
    I got to march with what I think were minute men I was wearing a three corner hat, I got to carry a fake muzzle loader[I bet they don't do that anymore guns are bad]

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally have no issues taking my daughter out of school for a weeks vacation. We have done it on multiple occasions. The things she learns in that week, far out weight what she might learn in school that week. So, I'm all for going towards the end of the school year. Like the second week in May. Good weather and it will be pretty slow, compared to the summer crowd.

Disney is not one we have done, but we've taken our daughter out of school to take her on vacations to Sea World and a couple of other places.

20. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I paid $653 to get my family of 4 into universal studio for 2 days. I am glad this was my last year of going to Disney theme parks, for now on any Florida vacations will be exclusively reserved for golf and fishing. Though I did get 4 rounds in a few weeks ago on my trip.