Sorry Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MartinHunter, Feb 27, 2015.

1. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    But the rest of the Country needs Scott Walker....

At first I thought it might be Rand Paul then maybe Ted Cruz or Mike Lee or even Bobby Jindal.. But Scott Walker really impressed me at CPAC.. I still like Rand and has clarified a few of his previous statements.. Ted is showing signs of weakness, Mike Lee is not going to run and sure if Bobby is.. There are a few others on my radar like Louie Gohmert, but really liking Scott now,actually have like Scott for a while..

"NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Addressing the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday evening, Wisconsin Gov. Walker basked in standing ovations and let his supporters drown out a lone heckler as he presented his presidential credentials.

“Up there in Washington, we have a president who measures success by how many people are dependent on the government,” Walker, a possible 2016 presidential candidate, told the crowd. “There’s a reason we celebrate the Fourth of July and not April 15, because in America we celebrate our independence from the government and not our dependence on it.”

He touted his successes in Wisconsin fighting public sector unions.

“I’m proud to tell you that today our state is better,” he said. ”In our state, we don’t have seniority or tenure anymore. We can hire and fire based on merit. We can put the best and brightest in our classrooms and we can keep them there.”

He cited an unemployment rate that plummeted from 9.2 percent to 5.2 percent, and a $2 billion tax burden reduction on Wisconsin’s taxpayers.

“Homeowners will pay less in taxes in 2016 than they did in 2010,” Walker said, asking in a possible jab at other presidential contenders, ”How many other governors in America can say that?”

Walker addressed other conservative fundamentals he’d hit: defunding Planned Parenthood, signing pro-life legislation and requiring photo-ID to vote in Wisconsin.

But while the CPAC crowd frequently interrupted Walker’s speech with cheers and applause, at least one person in the packed ballroom was vehemently opposed to the governor.

As Walker trumpeted his union-busting credentials, a protester started yelling.

“Apparently the protesters come from Wisconsin as well,” Walker shot back. “But those voices can’t drown out the voices of the hardworking taxpayers.”

Walker’s comment drew perhaps the loudest cheers of his speech, drowning out the lone protester who was not heard from again.

Unlike many other speakers, Walker spent more time touting his own achievements than he did attacking President Barack Obama — though he did take a few shots at the president.

“We need a president who recognizes that radical Islamic terrorism is a threat to our way of life and all freedom loving people around the world,” Walker said. “We need to take the fight to them and not wait for them to bring the fight to our soil for our children and our grandchildren.”

He also called for a new commitment to Israel and other U.S. allies.

“We need to show the world that in America, you have no better ally and no worse enemy,” he said.

Like the other CPAC speakers, Walker did not come straight out and say he was running for president — but the crowd seemed to expect a campaign.

When Walker said he was “exploring” a presidential run, the audience broke out in a chant of, ”Run Scott, run!”

IF YOU CAN FIND HIS WHOLE SPEECH ONLINE IT'S WORTH THE LISTEN..

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I really like him, some steel beams in the new Viking stadium were produced in Wisconsin Scott visited that factory and wrote go pack go on the beams. I would not base my vote on that but I do like his attitude.

3. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    he doesn't care what his peers think of him which makes him a public servant and not just a politician concerned with his job... too many in Washington or in politics care more about their jobs then the people..

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He does not have a college degree but I think that is actually a reason to listen to what he says, he has earned what he has in life.

5. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    your are right we already have one [supposedly] college educated man in the white house... even though we have never seen his transcripts... I believe he went just don't think he as smart as everyone thinks he is..

6. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you guys....educated people with thier fancy learned degrees are stupid and probably don't even deserve a job!

7. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He is never going to make it. Don't get me wrong I like the man but in the last 2 months he really showed his true colors here and it will come back to bite him.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is not what I meant at all, and don't get me wrong a college degree is something I value very much, I am heavily invested in my kids getting a degree as well. I admire Walker for his get it done attitude, he pretty much says it like it is.

9. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like Walker, but I e been impressed every single time I've heard Dr. Carson speak. As much as I'd like to see him run I'm afraid the political machine would tarnish him somehow.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How did you even arrive at this thought based on what was posted? Or do you have a degree in being wrong?

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Realize walker is owned by big business, he's no different than any other politician.

They all have their owners and they all fight for those who got them elected.

What was the last piece of legislation that walker passed in Wisconsin that help create jobs?

What was the last piece of legislation that any one passed in federal or state government that actually help create jobs or benefited the masses, from any party, can anyone name one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gov. Walker has been a savvy politician in his home state having survived a recall election in a very contentious debate. The national stage is very different with the media hanging on every word such as his CPAC speech gaffe comparing fighting public works unions to fighting ISIS. He will have to become more polished or he will get crucified. I do think that he is a very viable candidate and has something to offer but the vetting process of the primaries will tell the tale. I think it is a plus when any candidate is not a lawyer or has been in public service their entire life. I think it would serve any president well that they have private sector experience so that they could relate to the actual job creators rather than only viewing the world through the prism of theory and hypothesis. I feel that is one of Obama's biggest flaws, he is an ideologue of a Utopian society theory that quite frankly has absolutely no resemblance to how the world really works.

13. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    I think you probably have a PhD in being wrong. LMAO

14. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If he runs, the national media and the democrats will have a field day with this, and it will be relentless.

15. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't Walker pretty much a career politician other than working for the American Red Cross over 20 years ago as a fund raiser?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  16. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That very well could be the case, I admittedly do not know that much about Walker's background but I stick to my previous point in that community volunteers, college professors, lawyers, etc. are not automatically qualified or as I should state they are uniquely unqualified for public office and in my opinion have a hole in their resume when it comes to actually managing something as important as this country.

17. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    I don't disagree...problem is the most qualified people to be POTUS are not likely to be interested in the job...and I don't blame them

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  18. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously there will be much more vetting and who knows another candidate may rise to the top... I still have several on my radar....I am definitely sick and tired of the unqualified community activist puppet we have now... I just hope he has not done too much damage. The next president no matter who he is is going to have a rough go of it. There are some aspects of our country I don't even recognize any more..

19. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dr Carson is great, but he lacks the fire when he talks he is almost too soft spoken and that might hurt him in the long run...I could live with him as president if he chooses to run and ends up being our guy I would support him..

20. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And they realize that any little bit of dirty laundry they have will be brought front and center for the country to see. I'm sure they know this and want nothing to do with it.

Mitt was the only one left last time without any and you see how that turned out.