would love to be a weather man..

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MartinHunter, Feb 25, 2015.

1. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only job you can do and be wrong 50% of the time..

They call for snow first and inch then maybe 4" then possibly 6" now we are just getting a cold rain.. Looks like no pretty snow to look at in the morning unless temps drop a few degrees over night.
    I feel gypped again...

truthfully I wold bet winter weather especially in the southeast is very hard to predict too many variables..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I actually find weather.com to be pretty good at predicting weather

3. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our weather folks were so proud of themselves saying they nailed it and saved humanity from the storm... We supposedly got 3" in our area actually we got maybe 1" then it started raining and now most of it gone and the roads are fine just wet..lol

I use "weather underground" and was watching it most of the evening. I could see our local weather guy/gals were going to miss it..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  4. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They got it right in NC today... Of course that was with a variance of like 4"'-12" lol. We ended up with around 5 if I had to guess. Being from IL originally I'd be fine with it but after seeing people down here drive in it last year... There's no way in hell I'm going to work today.

[​IMG]

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Weather reporting has gotten to the ridiculous level. The other day I flipped on TWC and see this woman reporter running around talking about a major snow event in DC. Then she runs up to these people walking on the sidewalk and starts talking about how they were all bundled up for this major event. Well, No **** i's snowing outside, of course they are "bundled up". I think it snows about 8" with no wind. BFD!!!! I wish they would quite trying to turn every weather event into some type of apocolyptic event.

6. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    they are trying to do damage control today . They have storm team people all over north GA reporting and trying to find a story..a downed tree a car in the ditch a slippery intersection anything to make a story....

Next week thunderstorms Welcome to GA....LOL