True car online

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by ultramax, Jan 31, 2015.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With all the car talk how about all the ads on tv for true car.com ?

I was at my local dealer at Xmas time and they had a car in the showroom marked down 6000$ off the sticker price that early in the summer I tried to buy and at the time they would not budge on.kind of let's you know what kind of margin there is.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I sometimes wonder if Truecar.com is owned by the dealers. Kelley Blue Book used to be the standard on looking up car prices but they are now ran by the dealers so they are inflated. I was at my bank once and was arraigning financing for a car and they went to Edmunds.com to check the value. Ever since then, that's all I've ever used.

Blessings........Pastorjim

3. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I spent two months pricing my most recent vehicle and ended up using true car. I got a True Car quote that was good at three different dealers and 2k lower than I got after going into several dealers to negotiate without True Car. One of the things I noticed was that the True Car price from the same dealer could vary by up to $250.00 at one of the three dealers I was down to. I ended up getting the vehicle for $5,800.00 or so from sticker and the dealer tried to back out saying Diesel Pricing was an error and the quote should be 2K more. I actually left and started driving to the next dealer when they called my cell phone and said they would honor the price. Overall I was satisfied with True Car but there weren't many dealers in the Chicagoland area that sent quotes or participated in the pricing from them.

4. ultramax

Dislikes Received:

Can you tell me how it works..
    I tried to buy a car last year and the salesman said they wanted 500 over sticker .I offered 2000 under and they never budged so I left.
    My question is now does true car work on a car I am going to have built?

5. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Have built? Not sure if you are ordering a car from the factory, if you are then True Car won't apply. True Car is designed to find vehicles on dealer lots with the same or similar options and the dealers lowest "True Car" price.

6. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    no the car this summer was on the lot,tried to make a deal but no luck then seen the same car in the show room marked down way lower at Xmas.

Now this season the color I want will be available mid year so I am just going to order what I want but don't know if I can work a deal using some true car numbers.

7. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    True Car quotes are generally for in stock vehicles so not sure you can swing it on a special order. What are you looking to buy?

8. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    R/t challenger in b5 blue which is coming out in June or July, autotrans 5.7 or the scat pack version with the 392 this will be my second challenger .

9. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used Truecar just to give me a ball park of where the price can be and used those numbers to negotiate with different dealers that gave me the Truecar quote.

10. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I am talking about. If a dealer can knock 6 g off a car in December there is some haggle room in the price on the sticker
    Oh ya...I hate car salesman

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I think you will have a hard time leveraging price on a special order vehicle, they simply have no motivation to move the car knowing you want it in that configuration.

12. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    Your right on this for sure.