Here is a nice little Video of What Non Believers

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    or those that are on the fence on what they believe, have to gauge Christians against....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic

Oh how I would like to light this fool up....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    don't who this guy thinks he is, but he is not a true man of GOD...

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man of God is only used in the New Testament as a warning.....

4. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    not going to get into a theological debate, but your statement is incorrect.. The man of God will be known as having another life-long pursuit. Paul admonishes Timothy to flee all the trappings of the man of mammon. The original word for flee easily appears related to the root of the English word fugitive. It means to everlastingly run from, to escape (to seek safety in flight). It does not make you less of a man to flee from a strong enemy in order to pursue the obvious course to victory.

"Timothy, and every man of God, is to pursue a different agenda with a startlingly different set of values. The man of God runs swiftly in order to catch the virtues that are found in our verse. The man of God is to seek earnestly, endeavor eagerly, to acquire these six virtues with the same intrepid temerity as the man of Mammon [money] does his first love. Paul has just said in verses 6–8, “Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. Having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.”

The six virtues are among the fascinating lists of Paul. The first virtue is righteousness. Moral rectitude comes close to catching the sense of the original word. Pursue piety in conduct (Ephesians 5:9) such that you are upstanding in your dealings with God and man. The second virtue is godliness. The sense is that a man of God is well-devoted to his Lord. There is no room in his heart for serving two masters. The third virtue is faith. This faith is conviction which drives your character, fidelity. You will notice that each of these virtues, though hard to fully distinguish from each other, seem to delve deeper and deeper into the inner character of the man of God.

The fourth virtue is love. This is God’s love being produced in the heart by the Holy Spirit. It has a force to it which is not subject to whims, markets, pressures, or even the fancies of his own heart. It is wholly of God. The fifth virtue is patience. This is a commonly named virtue in the Scriptures, prompted and empowered by the Holy Spirit in the heart of the believer in the midst of adversity. It is the ability to remain secure and firmly planted, bringing honor to the Lord despite the trials. The final virtue to pursue is meekness. This is the only time this particular Greek word is used in the New Testament. It is translated as gentleness in some translations. It is the meek face that the man of God directs toward the Lord as he accepts God’s dealings with him as good, without disputing and resisting. It is this same disposition, of yielded submission to his Lord, that the world is privileged to observe in his conduct.

Are you born again so that you are free to be a man of God? If so, are you known as a man of mammon, like everyone else? Or are you occupying yourself with the worthy pursuits of a man of God? Trust and obey."

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its unfortunate that many people think that crazy people are representative of religions. As a society many people tend to think the minority of a religion is how the majority of that religion acts. Its one of the reason we have so many problems today.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a thought of perspective, maybe he meant he metaphorically hit him in the chest by leaning over and asking him that question. I'm not so sure he meant that he literally hit him. I could be wrong but it just seemed like he meant hit him in the heart by asking "when are you going to stop playing games with God." If he did really punch the kid then that's really messed up, not Christian-like at all, and no way to preach to someone.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda like the way muslims are treated?

8. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That video is so bizarre that I wonder if it wasn't done just to make Christians look bad. And as a non-Christian I think I can be somewhat objective.

I have experienced some rude and obnoxious behavior towards me by the occasional fundamentalist, but that film is just not believable.

:sheep:

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you want the link to the full sermon, I will give it and you will see it is real....so sad....

They live in the Old Testament...all fundamentalists do...

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for disagreeing with me, yet making my point :tu:

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The guy in the video was giving the lad a braile sermon, he didn't hear anything, he felt it.

12. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think any rational non believer understands that their are idiot religious people, but that there are also plenty of good, respectable religious people.

Just as there are plenty of idiot militant non believers as there are plenty of good, respectable non believers.

I know I don't judge an entire religion based off a few comments by idiots.

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    But many do....the "Kill a ***** for Jesus" bumper stickers are still out there....

The above video is not as uncommon as you may believe

14. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    The problem with muslims and I am talking the good ones ie: the moderates is the refuse to speak out against the radical ones.

BTW .. the most oppressed religious group in the world today are CHRISTIANS..

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just like the Catholic church does not condem the abortion clinic bombers?

16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't condone the Catholic Church's dogma, but they do not condone bombing abortion clinics...

17. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I found the whole sermon, that's really sad. He's not teaching the right message nor do his actions reflect it.

18. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll take your word for it that it's real. I just don't understand people like that.

As an aside, a punch in the chest like that can be fatal.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never said they do but they make no comment when a radical catholic blows up a clinic.

20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You sure about that?